West Phoenix Desert shoot

PDA

longtom4570
March 26, 2004, 07:50 PM
Hey any one interested in a desert shoot April 4th. Where i shoot is in Rainbow Valley which is west and south of Phoenix,it is pretty remote put we have a wide range of areas to shoot.
Directions: Go west on I-10 to Jackrabbit Trail turn left, go south for about 10 miles untill you get to the Gila riiver bridge, the next road is Elliot Rd go left, turn right on Rainbow valley Rd, go south, the road turns to graded dirt keep going, the road will look like it turns left, go straight it is a winding dirt road, turn right on the Gas line road.
I will make up a sign to where we can shoot and put it out on the gas line rd.
So who can make it, or is another date better? I would like to get out there early when its nice,time suggestions?
I have a map but can't seem to post it, will work on it( created it in word so it 's in the wrong format to post here, any suggestions would help)

If you enjoyed reading about "West Phoenix Desert shoot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lennyjoe
March 27, 2004, 01:40 AM
If I didnt already promise to take the family camping, I would of drove up and joined ya all.

Hope you all have as much fun as we had last weekend. :D

bpisler
March 27, 2004, 02:21 AM
If i don't have to work i'll go,hopefully we can get more people interested.It's been 4-5 years since
i've shot in the desert,sounds like fun:)

cidirkona
April 1, 2004, 03:11 PM
I'd drive up... but the g27 I just bought took a big bite out of my ammunition-and-gas fund....

-Colin

longtom4570
April 1, 2004, 11:34 PM
How about we move it to another weekend when we don't have to work and have money,my weekend has become very busy:cuss: sound good?

WhoKnowsWho
April 2, 2004, 10:11 AM
but the g27 I just bought

Congrats, but bummer. :D

cidirkona
April 2, 2004, 12:54 PM
Hahah yeah, if it weren't for Wal-Marts "return anything with a barcode, even if we never sold those" policy, I wouldn't have been able to afford to load it up with some ammo for another three weeks.

I knocked my TV off it's stand yesterday trying to vacuum behind it too... so now I don't have a TV either... :banghead: :fire: :cuss: :cuss:

-Colin

sumpnz
April 2, 2004, 02:54 PM
I'd try top make it, but the baby's immenant arrival will keep any shotting from happening for a while. Today's the due date, and the MIL flew in last night. Won't be long now!

Incidentally, I may get a chance to sneak out for a quick mini-shoot in a few weeks. The guy that runs Rincon-Concepts is going to load up some ammo for both of my rifles, and wants to do some accuracy and chrono testing after he gets 15 rounds loaded up for each.

Lennyjoe
April 2, 2004, 04:04 PM
Looks like everythings gonna be a wash this weekend.

Rain isnt suppose to quit til Monday.

So much for camping this weekend.

Magine that, plan on camping in sunny Arizona and what happens, a Low pressure system spins its wheels around us and dumps rain all weekend long.

Who would of thunk it:cuss:

If you enjoyed reading about "West Phoenix Desert shoot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!