Shipping flintlock parts from the UK

PDA

moharrow
November 6, 2013, 11:13 PM
Does anyone know of any shipping company that will ship flintlock parts from the UK. this is starting to get frustrating

If you enjoyed reading about "Shipping flintlock parts from the UK" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
medalguy
November 6, 2013, 11:41 PM
Are they considered firearms parts legally? Seems like they could just be mailed although I'm not sure if State would have any importation restrictions on these dangerous military grade firearms parts. :scrutiny:

moharrow
November 6, 2013, 11:44 PM
no they are considered "non guns" both here and in the UK. the problem is the royal mail and fed ex will not ship them

AlexanderA
November 7, 2013, 12:20 AM
It may depend on the specific part. I know that there are several UK sellers of gun parts on ebay, and they ship via Royal Mail without any problem. (We're talking about things like Lee Enfield rifle stocks and small parts, revolver grips, Thompson fittings, etc.) They also state exactly what they are shipping on the customs declaration, so there's no attempt at subterfuge. Maybe if a part passes muster on ebay, it will pass muster for the Royal Mail. You may run into problems sending flintlock barrels, but I think the locks would be OK. (Also, single items might be OK, but large quantities might draw unwanted attention.)

moharrow
November 8, 2013, 07:58 AM
actually the royal mail has refused to ship gunstock blanks and raw castings. fedex and ups have taken this position as well

Tejicano Loco
November 9, 2013, 08:01 PM
So the four UK based firearms exporters in the link I posted to your other thread wouldn't help you? Wouldn't reply? Couldn't recommend a shipper?

Old Fuff
November 9, 2013, 09:33 PM
Log onto: www.dixiegunworks.com

They are located at Union City, TN. in the United States, and I believe they often buy large quantities of antique parts (both original and reproduction) from sources in the U.K. and Europe. They might be able to give you some pointers.

AlexanderA
November 9, 2013, 09:39 PM
actually the royal mail has refused to ship gunstock blanks and raw castings

How can that be? There appears to be a thriving trade in gunstocks from the UK on ebay, and it all goes by Royal Mail. Perhaps local clerks are not aware of the policy (if in fact there is one)? Or are "gunstock blanks" somehow different from finished gunstocks?

goon
November 9, 2013, 09:43 PM
Have someone hang the lock you're trying to buy on a small section of jewelry chain. Call it a tennis bracelet.
Maybe not my best idea...

If you enjoyed reading about "Shipping flintlock parts from the UK" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!