source for taurus pt-99 rear sight?

PDA

greyling22
November 8, 2013, 07:33 PM
anybody know where I can get a replacement rear sight for a taurus pt-99? It takes a different rear than the 92, and I can't find anything at brownells or numrich. It doesn't need to be a taurus part. I would actually prefer an aftermarket piece as this one broke, and my google-fu reveals that this is a common problem. It can't got to taurus as they don't include sights or grips in their lifetime warranty.

If you enjoyed reading about "source for taurus pt-99 rear sight?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BBBBill
November 8, 2013, 10:43 PM
Probably have to be a custom made sight unless you want to continue with the stock sights. I've never seen an aftermarket replacement for the adjustable versions (PT99/PT101). Plenty of replacements for the fixed version including adjustables to replace fixed. Unless you're really sold on adjustables, I would have a scratch built fixed sight made for it.

oldandslow
November 9, 2013, 01:46 AM
g22, 11/9/13

I have the PT-99 which originally had an adjustable rear sight. The problem was that the rear sight roll pin would walk out when firing the gun and the sight would fall onto the ground. I finally filed a dovetail and put in a fixed HK-USP rear sight that I had lying around. Problem solved.

If you don't want to put in a fixed sight then the easiest and probably cheapest way would be to buy one from Taurus. Good luck.

best wishes- oldandslow

dirtengineer
November 9, 2013, 01:49 AM
When mine broke, I sent it back to Taurus for a fix. Problem solved.

If you enjoyed reading about "source for taurus pt-99 rear sight?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!