LEM Trigger

PDA

45R
March 27, 2004, 12:35 AM
Yeah or Nay?

Why.

I had the chance to dry fire one today. After racking the pistol and pulling the trigger it was like butter. After the hammer dropped and I tried to pull it again the thing felt like a 50lb trigger? Can someone explain this to me?

How does this work. Problem for double strike?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "LEM Trigger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sactown
March 27, 2004, 01:26 AM
Nay, cuz I was there too and that trigger was so heavy it must've been designed by a lawyer!! And I thought the trigger on my USP40f sucked.

Cawdor
March 27, 2004, 08:06 AM
To reduce the trigger pull, the LEM trigger precocks the hammer spring when the slide cycles. If you had fired a live round, the slide would have cycled and the trigger pull would have been the same. The trigger pull was heavy (regular DA to give the LEM trigger a double strike capability) because the hammer spring was decocked when you dry fired it. It is not a problem for double strike; it is the double strike. If you dry fire, say, a Glock, you can't dry fire it again without cycling the slide.

The LEM trigger is explained on HK's P2000 (http://www.hk-usa.com/pages/Civilian/Handguns/p2000.html) page.

only1asterisk
March 27, 2004, 08:23 AM
To my way of thinking it fixes 1 of the 3 main problems with the USP. Set up for the lighter trigger pull option, I can't imagine any better DAO system.
If I had to carry a DAO this would be it.

David

If you enjoyed reading about "LEM Trigger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!