Steyr S-40 w/Styer M-357 bbl?

PDA

auldpharght
March 27, 2004, 01:20 AM
I have a new Steyr S-40 and I'm wondering if I can simply get a M-357 bbl for it for multiple-caliber purposes.

Whatta ya think? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I've emailed http://www.usasteyr.com but they've been strangly reluctant to reply. :banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "Steyr S-40 w/Styer M-357 bbl?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Flashpoint
March 27, 2004, 01:57 AM
I called and talked to them about it and they didn't really see why not. But for the price of the barrel and as cheap as the Steyrs are going for right now you might be better off just buying the whole gun.

Zundfolge
March 27, 2004, 02:16 AM
You would have to cut the barrel down first.

I have an M40 and an S40 and the M40 barrel is just too long to fit in the S40 (I had this crazy idea about having an M40 barrel threaded and then get all my paperwork in order so I could surpress the S40).

But for the price of the barrel and as cheap as the Steyrs are going for right now you might be better off just buying the whole gun.
But Steyr doesn't make an S-357 ... I think thats what he's trying to do.

Flashpoint
March 27, 2004, 08:56 AM
But Steyr doesn't make an S-357 ... I think thats what he's trying to do.

Your absolutely right, I misread and thought we were talking M40 to M357.

Someone posted a little while back that they were planing to do the S357 thing by cutting the barrel down.

If you enjoyed reading about "Steyr S-40 w/Styer M-357 bbl?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!