Questions about a Glock [specifically, 19 FDE]

PDA

Orion8472
November 15, 2013, 09:36 AM
Is Glock making the Gen 4 in FDE?

Are the FDE Glocks a niche option, or do people generally buy them when they see them?

If the FDE option ends for Glock, will those with FDE Glocks see their worth raise [depending on the condition, that is]?

What is the current market price for a Gen 3 FDE G19?

Thanks guys!

If you enjoyed reading about "Questions about a Glock [specifically, 19 FDE]" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sapper771
November 15, 2013, 10:19 AM
- Yes, Glock is making the G19 Gen4 in FDE. I have seen several so far.

- As far as them being a niche, is up to personal opinion. I was excited when I heard about it, but when I saw their version of FDE color.......I changed my mind. I wouldn't turn one down if it was given to me though.

- They might go the way of the OD Glocks.......but only time will tell. Wish they would release the Tan frames again.

- Generally, the FDE Glocks are in the same price range as the standard (black) models. I have seen a few dealers ask more for them and say they are a "special edition" model.

From what I understand, Glock did not do the FDE runs on their own. A large and well know firearms distributor (Lipseys?) ordered enough of them to motivate Glock to tool up and produce them for the distributor to sell.

HexHead
November 15, 2013, 10:52 AM
-

- Generally, the FDE Glocks are in the same price range as the standard (black) models. I have seen a few dealers ask more for them and say they are a "special edition" model.

From what I understand, Glock did not do the FDE runs on their own. A large and well know firearms distributor (Lipseys?) ordered enough of them to motivate Glock to tool up and produce them for the distributor to sell.

So they are a "special edition" model with a limited run and not standard production then?

Sapper771
November 15, 2013, 10:57 AM
I am not sure. I dont have an accurate number on how many FDE Glocks were ordered. I was told ~50,000. If that number is correct, I dont think I can refer to it as a special edition.

Dont think it is a regular production either, since Glock was supposedly contracted to make the FDE Glocks.

ETA: http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gearscout/2012/04/02/fde-glocks-coming-from-lipseys/

I should have just posted this link in my first reply.

HexHead
November 15, 2013, 11:02 AM
I am not sure. I dont have an accurate number on how many FDE Glocks were ordered. I was told ~50,000. If that number is correct, I dont think I can refer to it as a special edition.

Dont think it is a regular production either, since Glock was supposedly contracted to make the FDE Glocks.
Considering the Gen3 ran for 10-12 years before being upgraded to the Gen4, I wonder how many pistols they made? If the Gen4 lasts as long, ~50,000 is probably a drop in the bucket across all the models FDE may be offered in.

Orion8472
November 15, 2013, 11:08 AM
So, . . . will they ever be considered "worth more than a black Glock"? And if so, by how much?

I have an opportunity to buy one at a local dealer @ $510 + tax, and there's one on Gunbroker at @ $480 shipped [w/ $20 transfer fee], . . . so it appears that they are basically the same price as the black models.

Not sure if I will buy it. Probably not [unless it COULD turn a profit in the future]. Selling off some stuff, currently, to help fund a future auto purchase [because my 1997 Hyundai is starting to suck].

Sapper771
November 15, 2013, 11:18 AM
If your looking to turn a profit, I wouldn't be looking at Glocks.

Orion8472
November 15, 2013, 11:26 AM
LOL . . . . the point is well taken.

I don't need it. I already have an excellent side arm [CZ P-09 with night sights and +2 base plates on both magazines], so I'll save that money for the future car.

If you enjoyed reading about "Questions about a Glock [specifically, 19 FDE]" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!