Finally have a 1911!

PDA

10-Ring
March 27, 2004, 02:53 PM
Well, after a few failed attempts & a pretty long quest, I have finally ended up with a really nice 1911...well, 1991 :D It's a stainless XSE that has had some work done by a smith I have grown to appreciate. So far, I'm only a few 100 rounds into the break in period, but I'm really happy with the results :cool: :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally have a 1911!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
George Hill
March 27, 2004, 02:58 PM
A Colt... very nice.
Good choice.
Let's see some pictures.... How are you going to customize it? (A 1911 Requirement)

10-Ring
March 27, 2004, 03:04 PM
I changed out the bushing, beavertail & trigger, added a arched MSH/mag well and had the trigger tuned. She shoots the way I had always imagined a 1911 was suppose to shoot!!! (SWEET!) :D ;)
I've got some CF grips on order for her...when they get in, I'll see what I can do about posting pics! ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally have a 1911!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!