New user 1st post question

PDA

Rikki
March 27, 2004, 08:13 PM
Hello all you fourms have been very infomative. So here's my question.
I just put a down payment on a new pt145 and for the life of me i cant remember if its a mill pro or not. Is there anyway to figure it out from serial numbers?

If you enjoyed reading about "New user 1st post question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PCRCCW
March 27, 2004, 10:02 PM
Yep.......you can call Taurus and give them the #'s..they can tell you.

Sorry for the lame answer but thats my best advice.......shoot well.

Lennyjoe
March 27, 2004, 11:40 PM
Welcome aboard.

The PT145 has had its issues in the past but the Millenium Pro seems to have been performing alot better than the previous edition.

Enjoy your new weapon and be sure to post a range report. We like those.

10-Ring
March 28, 2004, 02:22 AM
Greetings & salutations! ;)
I would think that if you bought your gun new, it would state on the paperwork what you purchased or it would state on the box what you have.
Happy shooting, have fun & welcome aboard! :D

Majic
March 28, 2004, 04:36 AM
The most obvious, just call the shop you have the layaway at and ask them.

Rikki
March 28, 2004, 09:31 AM
Nod i would have called but they were closed at the time so i was trying to find a way to determin if it was pro or not guess i will have to wait till monday when i can go fondle it. plus if any of you are thinking about buying one i believe they are having a promotion and i got 2 extra mags a soft sided leather range bag ear and eye protection free of charge.

Lennyjoe
March 28, 2004, 11:20 AM
plus if any of you are thinking about buying one i believe they are having a promotion and i got 2 extra mags a soft sided leather range bag ear and eye protection free of charge.
Now that you have my attention, where is said sale going on at?

Rikki
March 28, 2004, 11:41 AM
i found my at a local shop call sportsman haven here in independence MO.
and it was a deal he got from his distributor. so i would go to you local shop and see if they can find it i will all so get the name of distributor from him. but its only on the pt145 from what he told me

Marshall
March 28, 2004, 11:45 AM
but its only on the pt145 from what he told me

Could this be a clue as to whether you got a PT145 or a Millennium Pro?

Rikki
March 28, 2004, 11:48 AM
as to that i belive i just got the regular mill pt145. from looking at the pics of them on the taurus usa page.

wally
March 28, 2004, 12:01 PM
If its current production I think you will be happy. I got one a few months ago and its been flawless with a surprisingly good trigger.

As far as I could tell the Pro has some cosmetic changes and a heavier slide I go with ligher weight almost 100% of the time. Perhaps the heavier slide lets them use a lighter recoil spring -- I couldn't rack them at the gunshow where I got mine. This could be a factor if your wife can rack the Pro but not the older model.

--wally.

If you enjoyed reading about "New user 1st post question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!