Filling in the Eotech gap

PDA

W L Johnson
November 25, 2013, 09:48 AM
Okay, call me weird, OCD or what, but the gap at the bottom forward end of the long nose Eotechs 512, 517, others, bugs me. Does anyone make a plastic filler for that space? I know that gap has a purpose, to fit over the hand guard, but when not mounted over the hand guard on other rifles it looks odd IMHO.

thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Filling in the Eotech gap" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
OpticsPlanet
November 25, 2013, 02:42 PM
I don't know of anyone making a filler. I had never thought about it before. If you have any rail space left in front of the optic, you might try a small rail cover to block the view.

Otherwise, console yourself with how much it must bother a home invader to have to look at that gap!

Mark H..

rcmodel
November 25, 2013, 02:59 PM
Maybe an upholstery shop would sell or give you a scrap of high density black 1/2" or 3/4"? foam you could cut to fit under it??

rc

Potatohead
November 25, 2013, 03:29 PM
You got a Hobby Lobby where you live? Theyve got all manner of stuff that RC mentioned if you go that route.

If you enjoyed reading about "Filling in the Eotech gap" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!