M1858 Clone?

PDA

Blumpy
December 1, 2013, 03:28 PM
I need to identify an antique firearm. It is pin-fire, 11mm, maybe Belgian. It reminds me of a Lechaufeux M1858 with differences. It has no manufacturer's name on it. It is a 6-shot revolver. The barrel is about 6 inches. The barrel has 4 lands and grooves. It has 3504 stamped into the table below the cylinder on the right side...maybe the serial number? It has an oval with "ELG" stamped into the outside of the cylinder...Belgian proof mark maybe? It has a circle with an S in it stamped on the front of the cylinder. There is a protective lip running around the frame where the cylinder butts up against it to protect the pin-fire pins from being accidentally crushed in. It has an octagonal barrel with an integral top rib that extends back over the cylinder and held to the frame on both sides of the hammer resting place by 2 screws. Take out these 2 screws and it disassembles jut like an M1858. Got some pics if that would help. Will try to attach them.

If you enjoyed reading about "M1858 Clone?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Blumpy
December 1, 2013, 05:10 PM
Here's some more pics.

Blumpy
December 1, 2013, 05:14 PM
Even more.

pohill
December 1, 2013, 06:11 PM
Check out this site:
http://www.littlegun.be/arme%20belge/a%20a%20site%20belge%20gb.htm

I looked at a similar gun yesterday (no markings other than the Belgian/Leige proof). I wasn't sure what caliber the revolver was, so I brought a 7mm pinfire round to see if it'd fit - the bullet was too small, so the gun was a 9mm or 11mm.
Did you buy this gun?
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m217/pohill/DSCF4636_zps51fa822b.jpg

Blumpy
December 1, 2013, 09:04 PM
Fairly certain I will. Seems like a very reasonable deal.

Blumpy
December 1, 2013, 09:07 PM
Checked out and bookmarked that site. Thanks. It could help.

If you enjoyed reading about "M1858 Clone?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!