California confiscation

PDA

PaisteMage
December 3, 2013, 09:47 AM
Not sure where to post this.

I haven't researched this immensely to try and dispel the possible untruths in the story.

I have never been to "thefreepatriot.org" before a friend linked me this story.

As with anything worth investigating I cant tell you the source is credible or not.

The story makes enough news to have PBS report it. Sometimes gun websites or second amendment sites create something out of nothing and speak in hyperbole- due to the extreme situations we face with second amendment issues, sometimes extreme opinions are had.

So apparently lawmakers have decided upon new rules for people prohibited from owning firearms. If you have ever seen a psychyatrist, for example, even for something minor- they show up and take your guns, at gunpoint.

When my grandparents died, when my friend killed himself, or when I dealt with issues with my parents as a child- I saw a psychologist. This means that essentially they could come take my guns.

I wonder what you guys think. It is "an effort to reduce gun violence."

To be fair, one guy in the video, had a felony for illegal firearms possession. He then gets his taken away. Can understand that. Someone with a restraining order, possibly due to violence...does this mean they WILL be violent? Not necessarily. Its almost "thought crime" ...

If you have a felony-no guns-fine.

If you have mental health issues, this isnt even ongoing issues, if you SEEKED mental health professional guidance at one point- They can now take your guns.

It does say "involuntary mental illness confinement" ....

So they effectively persuade you to let them look with threats of confinement for not complying.

Lets discuss.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/nation/july-dec13/guns_07-23.html

http://freepatriot.org/2013/11/30/california-now-confiscating-legally-purchased-guns/

If you enjoyed reading about "California confiscation" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PaisteMage
December 3, 2013, 09:56 AM
I dont think anyone takes into account the overall anxiety level in the country. If you live in an area where cameras are recording your every move, NSA records everything you do, and the government is having you think there are terrorists under every rock...

If your a police officer trying to keep everyone safe this might put you on a level of heightened anxiety. Think about how many cops lately have used lethal force when unnecessary. Think about the general WORRY of regular americans about our current economic state of affairs.

Is it conditioning to soften people up to more regulations and more government intrusion as a measure of "safety?" The Patriot Act was put into place for the same reasons.

Statistics of violent crimes involving GUNS period is being convoluted to make people think that guns are the issue. It then makes people who think they might be the problem "A OK" with any REASON to reduce violence.

THey need to watch every move of the people. So why wouldnt they need to do this? This might be the thinking of the non skeptic.

None of you know me. I am not a paranoid schizophrenic. I am a rational, skeptical, and logical person.

I am not moving my family to a compound and filtering my urine for the end times or anything.

For me , as a 21 year old, the Patriot Act, the atrocities of 9/11 all came rather quickly. I HOPED that the types of police states we live in currently wouldnt happen.

The biggest way to sway people into doing things that they wouldnt normally do- convince them its for their safety. Convince them their is a boogeyman everywhere.

Sorry all this seems like a slippery slope to me.

I love cops- what the PRINCIPLE of the job is. I DON'T think militarization of our police forces (besides giving outsiders who don't think objectively an idea these military vehicles, military style gear, and weapons) is something that is an accident.

Homeland Security always sounded Orwellian to me.

Please tell me that I am not alone at LEAST being suspicious!:eek:

Also I didn't know where to put this thread.
So if the moderators need to move it, good.

krupparms
December 3, 2013, 12:19 PM
:cuss:This is indeed a slippery slope! Alot of veterans have seen psychological doctors at the end of combat deployments & or injuries! Most of us who were exposed to chemicals in the service have seen V.A. psychology doctors. We have not done anything wrong! We were doing our jobs! These kind of action's harm our country! Beware of anyone who wants your guns to keep you safe!

hso
December 3, 2013, 12:45 PM
Already under discussion and more objective interpretation given.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=736192&p=9224540#post9224540

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=735898&highlight=confiscation

If you enjoyed reading about "California confiscation" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!