first deer of the year.

PDA

eastbank
December 3, 2013, 11:40 AM
blew out in bow season, but yesterday i shot my first deer for this year. the stand as been a good one over the years. eastbank.

If you enjoyed reading about "first deer of the year." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fremmer
December 3, 2013, 11:58 AM
Nice buck!

gspn
December 3, 2013, 01:33 PM
Nice. How long did it take you to get that onto the top of the vehicle? :D

kbbailey
December 3, 2013, 02:02 PM
Nice buck and a great shot. I appreciate your classic gear, and the barrel band sling mount on the Rem Rifle.
I recognized your name from b/p section so I thought I had better check it out. Congrats.

eastbank
December 3, 2013, 05:49 PM
with the rope and a few(maybe more) curse words,he got on board.if i had put him inside of the suv my wife would have had a fit. eastbank.

Patocazador
December 3, 2013, 07:12 PM
The unbroken tines are well-rounded at the tips. Is that from rubbing or is that the genetic norm there?

Nice deer.

eastbank
December 3, 2013, 07:35 PM
i see both types of tips here,but they do fight a lot and get broken off a lot. here is a picture of the buck i shot off the same stand last year. eastbank.

Kernel
December 10, 2013, 10:23 PM
Nice deer and perfect shot placement. For thier size those antlers look THICK! I bet his daddy, if he's still around, is massive.

How far was the shot?

Trent
December 10, 2013, 10:52 PM
My back hurts just looking at that car picture!

Nicely done.

Arkansas Paul
December 10, 2013, 11:04 PM
Perfect shot. Bet he didn't go far.

eastbank
December 11, 2013, 06:17 AM
about 65 yrds trotting left to right, i have found salty words don,t help loading,but it seems so. here is a doe i shot tuesday with my T-99 with old norma 7.7 180gr shells,again not a long shot. i walked into a small group of deer and they waited about 10 seconds to run and it was enough to get a good shot off. eastbank.

eastbank
December 11, 2013, 06:32 AM
i had trouble adding photo,s, so here are two more of the japanese rifle,s doe. i shoot the T99 very well due to the peep sight and its right on with the norma ammo and hornady 175-180gr reloads. eastbank.

interlock
December 13, 2013, 04:49 PM
good shot placement ... for all novices a good lesson. The bullet will have gone through the major blood vessels on the top of the heart and disconnected it and gone through both lungs. about as close as drt as you will get

If you enjoyed reading about "first deer of the year." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!