Off to a dove shoot!

PDA

hentown
December 7, 2013, 12:18 PM
Going to be shooting some doves today. First hunt of the season...just been really busy on days that I received prior invitations.

Going to be using, for the first time, a 16gauge Ithaca 37 with 28" modified barrel. I usually shoot much shorter barrels and prefer improved cylinder for the kind of shooting that I do. Haven't shot a pump in several years.

Looking forward to the slaughter! :evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Off to a dove shoot!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Patocazador
December 7, 2013, 07:49 PM
This late in the season you'll probably need that modified choke.

Shooting a pump after a long layoff is just like riding a bike after decades away from one. It all comes back and in a short time it's like you've been shooting one all along.

gamestalker
December 8, 2013, 06:01 PM
I love dove hunting. Out here in SW Az. I can step out my back door and limit out in less than a 1/2 hr, if I do my part. And we also have those collard dove (Eurasian), which has no limit or season.

Do you live in a good place for dove hunting?

GS

If you enjoyed reading about "Off to a dove shoot!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!