bushnell scope

PDA

280shooter
December 8, 2013, 01:51 AM
I took my rifle to the range last week.this is my go to gun for Deer hunting,
It gives my half in. Groups at 100 yards,i have 1 load, any how,I think my scope broke, it shot to the left about 4 in left,i adjusted the scope, now I'm low and left,I didn't change any thing, same everything, load, how I rest the gun.all screws are tight, rings are tight,I bought the scope new in 1993,this is the 3x9 trophy, should I send it to Bushnell, or just buy something new

If you enjoyed reading about "bushnell scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Matno
December 8, 2013, 02:35 AM
I don't know anything about Bushnell's warranty on stuff back then, but if you try everything else and are convinced the problem is with the scope, it can't hurt to try sending it back first.

hq
December 8, 2013, 08:33 AM
Not to disrespect Bushnell as a manufacturer but to give a fair warning about cheap(ish) scopes in general, 2002-vintage Trophy-series scope I took with me to Africa broke down at the worst possible time - POI started to move when you adjusted magnification.

It used to be one of my favorite scopes for hunting and it served me well for many years, but something just gave up. I never sent it back, just moved it onto a less than mission-critical truck gun, making a mental note to myself not to adjust magnification once I got it sighted in. You might want to send it back, but, at the same time, ask yourself a question: can you still really trust it to hold zero when a trophy buck shows up?

Missing an opportunity like that is bad enough. Missing multiple shots on a long awaited, high-$ hunting trip halfway across the world may be even worse, and that's exactly what happened to me.

Grumulkin
December 8, 2013, 09:11 AM
I had a Bushnell handgun scope with a supposed lifetime warranty. It broke and Bushnell wouldn't honor the warranty saying it had been "abused." If you count mounting the scope on a handgun with T/C mounts and actually using the scope to shoot, then I guess it was abused.

Just so you know, Tasco scopes, another "value priced" line of scopes is also marketed now by Bushnell. I have divested myself of all my Bushnell and Tasco scopes and never plan to buy another.

If your Bushnell scope doesn't work, you could try returning it for repair. I doubt they would repair it but might send you a new one of equally poor quality that you could then sell while it was new and still working. You could use the money from the sale towards a scope the manufacturer will actually stand behind like Leupold.

280shooter
December 10, 2013, 01:37 AM
I bought my scope in 1994,, it cost me 119 bucks. it was made in Korea. Im sure they're built in china now... I woudnt take a new Busnell if some one gave it to me, I have a box full of junk scopes. other bushnells along with a butt load of simmons,,I do have to say,,, you really get what you pay for.. I bought some Nikons, I think I'll look at the 2-7 power.I only hunt in woods with my 8MM,

Outlaw Man
December 10, 2013, 01:20 PM
I'm sure you wouldn't do this, but I'm going to ask, because I've caught myself doing it on the range INA bit of a hurry. You adjusted the knob on the side and not the knob on top, right?

Did you shoot a few rounds after your adjustment? Often, on less expensive scopes (and older scopes with seals that have broken down), you'll find it takes a bit of force to make it settle into its new spot. Some people will bang on the scope with a pocket knife or something, but a few rounds from a heavy recoiling gun should work, too.

I'd also double check the screws on the rings and bases. They shouldn't have just come loose all of a sudden, but stranger things have happened.

280shooter
December 11, 2013, 09:44 PM
Oh yea I shot 3 rounds after each adjustment, after I had enough of tring,I let my Daughter shoot, her shots were very low and way left,
This was always my go to woods gun, it would always give me 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards, its to cold here in Pa. To go and mess with changing over a scope I have on another rifle.I have few Nikons I will try when it gets warmer.

If you enjoyed reading about "bushnell scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!