Good holster for S&W 19 4" for competition

PDA

ATLDave
December 11, 2013, 03:48 PM
I've started shooting USPSA this year. I generally shoot autoloaders, but I think it might be fun every once in a great while to shoot a wheelie. I've got an old Model 19 with a 4" barrel, which I know is not an ideal gamer gun, but that's OK. What I don't have is an appropriate holster for it. I'm not looking for a carry rig, much less a concealment device. I'm also not looking for anything fancy in terms of high-quality leatherwork. I'm looking for something simple that will accommodate a fast draw (not that I have a fast draw, but if I accidentally cam up with one, I wouldn't want the holster to object! ;) ). Searches for "model 19 holster" and the like keep kicking up some safariland holster model # 19, which is for bottom-feeders and of no help.

Anybody got any ideas? Not looking to drop a ton of money on what will be a just-for-a-larf setup.

If you enjoyed reading about "Good holster for S&W 19 4" for competition" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JTQ
December 11, 2013, 05:51 PM
Talon Tactical R4 Revolver holster. It shows them available for 4" K-Frame.

http://www.talontactical.com/revolver-holster-p-1135.html

And I think they're in ATL. Checked, it says Jasper, though I assume that is in the ATL area.

9mmepiphany
December 11, 2013, 06:07 PM
Blade Tech makes one (http://shop.blade-tech.com/proseries-speed-holster-c-1_2_120.html) and Safariland makes one (http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/product.aspx?pid=002) also

ATLDave
December 11, 2013, 06:26 PM
And I think they're in ATL. Checked, it says Jasper, though I assume that is in the ATL area.

Thanks! Jasper is in the Atlanta area like Boca Raton is in the Miami area. :D

ATLDave
December 11, 2013, 06:29 PM
Thanks guys!

87hurricane
December 12, 2013, 08:35 PM
I have a Bianchi Shadow 2 pancake holster for my 4" k frame, and I really like it. I think I paid around 60 bucks for it, and it's well worth it IMO.

rehorne
December 12, 2013, 10:27 PM
Check out a Tom Threeperson style for the S&W K frame guns. Lots of different makers out there. Don Hume, S.D. Meyers and lots of locals make them

smovlov
December 15, 2013, 04:39 PM
I'm currently researching the same thing. Was thinking of using a Model 1 pancake from Lobo Gun Leather. Any other suggestions on leather options without retention under 60$?

saltydog452
December 16, 2013, 01:24 PM
Plastic (Kevlar) scabbards are fairly inexpensive and, I'm told, easily made.

Fobus Paddle comes to mind. It seems to work OK for playtime range use in a G-36 and was inexpensive.

If you find something that seems to work, would you please post your findings?

We have 'knockabout' Police trade-in M-19 and a Star BM.

salty

If you enjoyed reading about "Good holster for S&W 19 4" for competition" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!