HI POINT Carbine

PDA

railroadman
December 13, 2013, 09:11 AM
I just won this gun at AuctionArms.It is in45acp New in the box $261.00.I like the ghost ring site.The company says it is built to use + 9 ammo.Any body else shoot these Carbine,s?????

If you enjoyed reading about "HI POINT Carbine" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
aarondhgraham
December 13, 2013, 09:54 AM
Hey,,,
Congratulations on the win. :D

I have the 9mm version,,,
Mine has been dead on reliable,,,
It's fired every type of ammo I've fed to it.

I bought mine to use just as a range toy,,,
But it's been so reliable I wouldn't hesitate to use it for SD.

I just went through the on-line manual for the 45 carbine,,,
I couldn't find anywhere that said to use +P ammo only.

I was told by the good people at Hi-Point,,,
That my carbine would safely handle +P ammunition,,,
But I can't find a reference to it in my manual or the one for .45 ACP.

Please tell us where you got that info from,,,
I'm very curious about it.

Aarond

jrdolall
December 13, 2013, 10:07 AM
I too have the 9mm version and couldn't be happier. It goes bang 100% of the time at the range which is exactly what I got it for. I would have absolutely no problem using this carbine as my HD weapon if it was the only one I had at hand because, as I stated, it ALWAYS fires. Accuracy is acceptable out to 25 yards which is as far as I have tried it.

I have not fired +P ammo through it so I can't speak to that.

Hi Point is one of those guns that you either love or hate. I have 4 of their guns and I will put them up against ANY other manufacturer as far as reliability is concerned. They are ugly, heavy, have relatively low capacity for their size and are CHEAP which seems to make many people think they are junk. In my experience they are anything but junk.

fallout mike
December 13, 2013, 12:16 PM
They shoot +P ammo just fine too, through the 995ts and 4595 anyway. I don't own the 4095.

josiewales
December 13, 2013, 12:19 PM
Wow nice grab. I've been wanting one of those for a while now.

Teachu2
December 13, 2013, 12:26 PM
I had a 4595 until I let my brother-in-law shoot it. He liked it so much that I sold it to him, and used the money to buy a CZ 75B. Talk about a win-win!

The 9545 was boringly dependable, and far easier to shoot well than a handgun for him. I have a M&P Sport, so the 9545 was redundant to a large degree.

HammsBeer
December 13, 2013, 07:41 PM
Bought a first gen 995 for $189 new. The stock was very flimsy just behind the receiver, so swapped it for an ATI stock.

Shoots good, accurate if the front sight it locktited, and mags won't always load the first round reliably. PITA to tear down for cleaning. Overall, fun cheap gun for plinking, but I wouldn't trust my life to it unless the SHTF and nothing else was available.

http://s25.postimg.org/ocg2psz8f/hipoint_995_ati.jpg

loose noose
December 14, 2013, 12:24 PM
Had one until my youngest son confiscated it. I shot about 500 rounds thru it, and I know my son has shot well over a 1000 rounds thru it. Never had a jam, or a misfire. Doubt I'll ever see it again, after all his wife and youngest daughter really enjoy shooting it, not to mention his other two daughters and the boyfriend/husband.

Dean1818
December 14, 2013, 03:56 PM
Other than a fun shoot..... What do you use it for

Jackal
December 14, 2013, 04:18 PM
Great, cheap rifles. I've had 2 (both 9mm, one first gen and a newer one) and while they wont win any beauty contests, they just plain work. Considering they are reliable, fun, heavily warranted and can be had for around $300, they are winners in my book. I fired almost 1000rds of old Wolf lacquer cased 9mm through one without cleaning or malfunction.

OARNGESI
December 15, 2013, 06:30 AM
Theyre kind of clunky and ugly, but my 995 functions just fine and is accurate. If you have any issues send it in to hipoint. Within a couple weeks youll get your gun back with just about every part possible replaced a letter of apology for the issue and a free magazine for your inconvenience.

W.E.G.
December 15, 2013, 09:01 AM
I shot the 9mm carbine, and it was plenty accurate enough for any distance I would want to shoot a pistol caliber.

As noted, the Hi-Point carbine is not user-friendly for field stripping - and consequently invites incomplete cleaning.
Not that this shortcoming ever stopped the Nylon 66.

If you enjoyed reading about "HI POINT Carbine" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!