S&W 3913TSW or Beretta Type M

PDA

shane1
March 29, 2004, 12:32 AM
I am going to buy a new pistol this week for warmer weather carry and it will be either of these two pistols. Which one would you choose and why?

Edited to add.... What about a Sig 239 Euro, it has a safety on the slide.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W 3913TSW or Beretta Type M" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ala Dan
March 29, 2004, 12:43 AM
I voted for the S&W 3913 TSW; I guess cuz I was
very fond of the original S&W model 39 and 39-2,
back in the early 70's?

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Alan Fud
March 29, 2004, 04:26 AM
Both of mine are quality guns ...
http://fud-files.netfirms.com/image/private/guns/f19.jpg
... but the 3913 is more compact.

PCRCCW
March 29, 2004, 09:28 AM
For a CCW Id take the S&W in a second. One of my first CCW's was a 3953 that was gone through and Ive had a couple of different 3 rd gen guns since then. The 3913 isnt the smallest, lightest or least filling :D
But there are very few guns that shoot as well, run like a timex and carry as well..........Shoot well.

axeman_g
March 29, 2004, 12:05 PM
The smiths are very good, but make sure you enjoy shooting it and the gun works for you. I tried one at the range, and did not like the feel. The Beretta is a fantastic feeling gun and very concealable.

Axe

George Hill
March 29, 2004, 02:04 PM
I'd go with the Beretta here in a heartbeat.
Both are good guns... but the Beretta is just so much more.... I don't know - I can't put my finger on it, but the Beretta has something the Smith doesn't.

Croyance
March 30, 2004, 02:34 AM
George Hill, I seem to remember back before you got that Beretta 92FS you were not a huge fan. You must be having a great experience at the range.

George Hill
March 30, 2004, 12:54 PM
I know. I know... I didn't NOT like them... I just didn't - no... that's not true. I hated them. I admit it. I hated them when I first saw them and I hated them ever since.
I was actually shopping for a Hi-Power when I picked up a 92FS and it was like I was thunder-struck. I had handled other Berettas before... Never gave them a second thought. Then all the sudden it just clicked.
Been a fan ever since. Love them!

I can't explain it.

Croyance
March 30, 2004, 06:42 PM
At least you weren't so closed minded that you wouldn't even try. So did you ever get that Hi-Power?

George Hill
March 30, 2004, 07:14 PM
:uhoh:
Not yet...

Still waiting for the deal I can't refuse. I was holding out for those Charles Dalys, but I think I'm going to have to go for an FN.

GTKrockeTT
March 30, 2004, 07:52 PM
didn't vote because i don't have first hand experience with the smith, but i own a Type M, and i absolutely love it. the single stack fits perfectly in my hand, and it has been utterly reliable thus far.

the best thing...i bought it before it fell off CA's DOJ approved list.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W 3913TSW or Beretta Type M" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!