Vintage C-More AR15 sight?

PDA

ZBill
December 16, 2013, 09:04 AM
Can anyone provide any input on this old C-More sight? Looks like it was designed to compete with the 3x or 4x Colt AR15 sights. The magnification decal is worn and I am unable to determine the "X" factors. Any input on years of production is also appreciated. My internet search has come up empty. Thank you, Bill

If you enjoyed reading about "Vintage C-More AR15 sight?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
December 16, 2013, 09:30 PM
ZBill
I tried to help off & on all day today.

Looking through old issues of Shooters Bible and Gun Digests for it.
No luck so far.

I remember them.
And I think it was had to be in the late 1990's.
Well after the Colt scope was around.

See this about the history of C-More Sight Co.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-More_Systems

rc

ZBill
December 17, 2013, 08:37 AM
Thanks for spending time on this. I just e-mailed the manufacturer with photos to see if they had information. Will let you know what I find out. Regards, Bill

ZBill
December 19, 2013, 09:07 AM
I received the following information on this question from "dlagrua" when I posted it on AR15.com and share his answer with his permission. Thanks again dlagrua.

"Before the advent of the flat top AR's mounting a scope meant fastening it to the carry handle. One company came up with a solution.They were manufactured by Hakko in Japan (now Japan Optics) and imported under the names Colt, C-More and Combat Military Ordnance. A few were imported under the Hakko name and sold by Accusport as well.

The majority of these scopes featured carry handle mounts but few were imported with Weaver rings. They are a decent quality, but small aperture (20mm) fixed 4 power scope with an IR , adjustable eye piece focus, range finding reticle,and BDC. The field of view at 100 yds is about 28'. They are clear, bright, waterproof, sturdy, fog proof and shock proof scopes. I have had one on a rifle for over 20 years and it still holds a rock hard zero and has functioned well. The scope is an older design and may not measure up to 2013 state-of-the-art designs but I can still shoot 1.5" groups@100 yds with it all day.

Before the Trijicon ACOGs came about, these were the go-to optics with some units in the special forces. The Hakko is a scope who's time has past and I would not use it on a new application today but it is still better than the erratic working Chinese junk that pollutes the optics market these days. If you are looking for quality at an affordable price, I would recommend the lower end Nikons,,Vortex, Redfieds and Leupolds."

rcmodel
December 19, 2013, 01:30 PM
That could be.
But your C-More looks nothing like my Colt 3x20 scope.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/rcmodel/KTOG/ColtScope_zpsd3c57fff.jpg

rc

ZBill
December 19, 2013, 04:16 PM
A view of the base of the C-more.

If you enjoyed reading about "Vintage C-More AR15 sight?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!