Anybody got some stick training here?

PDA

brownie0486
December 16, 2013, 10:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8iWU7UA4C8

The officer was one of my sgts. and a state bodybuilding champion at the time this was filmed. Years ago now,

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody got some stick training here?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
brownie0486
December 17, 2013, 12:41 PM
Nobody has any stick training huh? :eek:

hso
December 17, 2013, 09:19 PM
Brownie,

Not everyone's retired and had the time to sit on the computer. :neener:

You already know some of us that do, but there are some new folks that have come in while you were away that have as well.

brownie0486
December 17, 2013, 10:08 PM
Ye, I knew YOU did. :D

Retired? It don't feel like it :eek:

rodwha
December 18, 2013, 01:57 PM
I had a friend who was, and i found it so fascinating! We would find yucca plant sticks and cut them to length and he began showing me a little. He moved on though, and I never stuck with it. The focusing part was astounding once I figured out what he was talking about. I used to walk through the pasture hunting bugs on the flower tops.

Wish I would have stuck with it and found proper training.

I've been interested in a few of the martial arts such as muay tai, capoeira, and krav maga. SWMBO and I have talked about it some time back, and intend on putting our daughter through something when she gets a bit older.

glistam
December 18, 2013, 02:12 PM
I did a bit of hanbō training when I was still studying aikido. It translates well to walking sticks. One of my trainers was a high level dan, a small elderly woman from Baltimore City. Never underestimate old ladies! She could throw me to the ground before I would realized what happened.

The stick is my goto since I live in MD where there are no CHPs.

JShirley
December 18, 2013, 04:21 PM
Yes. But I've trained more with bo than other stick sizes and lengths.

John

Sheepdog1968
December 18, 2013, 07:28 PM
Arnis on and off for the last 30 years. I like it a lot.

NewGuy1911
December 19, 2013, 06:40 PM
Sheepdog1968,

Were

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody got some stick training here?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!