Why did Taurus drop .32 from their lineup but keep .25 ACP?

PDA

C0untZer0
December 20, 2013, 12:30 AM
.32 are better sellers than the little 25s aren't they?

If you enjoyed reading about "Why did Taurus drop .32 from their lineup but keep .25 ACP?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Weevil
December 20, 2013, 12:32 AM
Are they?

Guess not for Taurus.

JohnBT
December 20, 2013, 07:42 AM
".32 are better sellers than the little 25s aren't they? "

I was told, by someone in the gunstore business fwiw, that Taurus' .380 sales were a lot better than their .32 sales, so they dropped the .32.

Maybe the .25 is wildly popular is Brazil or worldwide.

Walt Sherrill
December 20, 2013, 09:04 AM
Maybe the .25 is wildly popular is Brazil or worldwide.
Yesterday 11:32 PM

On the other hand, there are a lot of different .32s available in the U.S., but darned few .25s. I suspect Taurus just decided to keep a "best seller" and drop one where they didn't have as big a market share...

Jim NE
December 20, 2013, 01:11 PM
I'm not sure why there's a demand for .25acp. This might explain it, though: Years ago (when I owned .25's) my impression was that .25's were more reliable than .22's in semi-auto because the cartridge was designed for that purpose. Many .22 semi-autos are brand picky as to ammo. Don't know if that's still true, but it would explain why the .25 still exists - for those who want a .22 or less level of recoil but more reliability.

I remember reading that folks in India can't own a handgun larger than .32 auto. Maybe Taurus is limiting it's distribution to countries like that?

snooperman
December 20, 2013, 01:23 PM
COuntZerO, I have been wondering why they are not making the 32 in their little Tip-up barrel gun too. Since the frame is now made of a Polymer , it is much lighter than the Beretta, at about 10.5 oz. The little 32 makes a neat little package as a pocket gun for sensitive -to-recoil people with arthritis etc.

snooperman
December 20, 2013, 01:33 PM
They also dropped the 32 ACP that they made for the TCP. My wife has one and it is nice little pocket gun for her,,,easy to rack and very little recoil. I have the TCP in 380 and like it the best of the little pocket 380 guns made, including the Ruger LCP. They have a better grip for me, locks back after last shot, and a smoother trigger, with a price that is dirt cheap. I paid $450 for both my wife's gun and mine from Gander Mt.

MICHAEL T
December 21, 2013, 02:03 PM
If you want a small light 32 Buy a KelTec light recoil We have 3 P-32 in family as wife and daughter's prefer for carry.

If you enjoyed reading about "Why did Taurus drop .32 from their lineup but keep .25 ACP?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!