KT P32 and Cop shop

PDA

Ed
March 29, 2004, 05:30 PM
Today I went to the local "cop shop", uniforms,holsters,lights,etc. I was looking for a small pocket holster for my P32. Guy comes up to me and asks if he can help me. I say sure and tell him what I'm looking for. His reply, while laughing out loud was KEL-TEC!!!!good grief! Other customers laughed also. I stayed there as he showed me holsters and mumbled about the KT's. Finally he said, do you have it with you? In the car? I said sure its with me and slid it out of my pocket. He seemed suprised at the size. As he was helping someone else later, 2 cops, at different times came up to me and said, "I have one of those" Its a good gun. These were some of the same guys laughing earlier. guess its a pride thing
(I carry a Goverment model .45, this is just a summer, nothing else will hide gun) Is that something I should not do in the future? Mention Kel-Tec out loud? I have absolutely no problem with mine.

If you enjoyed reading about "KT P32 and Cop shop" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mtnbkr
March 29, 2004, 05:37 PM
I'd find a new shop. Doesn't sound very service oriented to me.

FWIW, I bought my P32 from my local "cop shop". No laughter, snide comments, or BS. They even showed me how to field strip it and compared/contrasted it to the competition (NAA Guardian, Beretta, etc).

Chris

Marko Kloos
March 29, 2004, 08:15 PM
We're a cop shop, and the P32 is a highly popular backup/last-ditch hideout piece with the city and county guys. No snide comments from either salesfolk or customers. Sold two of 'em today, as a matter of fact.

azrael
March 29, 2004, 09:43 PM
Cops carry them as well....

:D :D :D

I hope they are anyway, they are buying holsters for them...:D

I hate it when people bash kel-tecs...They are a "niche" weapon and not a bullseye gun:cuss:

c_yeager
March 30, 2004, 03:44 AM
Maybe they laughed because you were the tenth guy to go in there with one that day.

SapperLeader
March 30, 2004, 09:20 AM
I bought my p32 off a local cop who wanted to fund a purchase of a p3at. So yeah, Id say cops carry them too.

yzguy
April 1, 2004, 04:48 PM
not to long ago at a "mini IPSC" shoot I heard a couple of people talking about smaller 9mm's and I brought up the P-11. Well one of them (older guy, maybe 50's) laughs and says they are junk.... I just let it slide and walked away (I was just trying to start friendly conversation, not a fight).

Well later that night I out shot both of them with my P-11.

If you enjoyed reading about "KT P32 and Cop shop" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!