unexpected xmas gift

PDA

shenck
December 25, 2013, 03:26 PM
I was given an ammo box this xmas it was full of military ammo and blanks. Most of the headstamps are Frankford Arsenal, Denver Ordinance. The dates range from 1909 to 1946. They seem to be in good over all condition. Is there any value here, or just a great addition to my collection? Thanks in advance.

Jim

Moderators, if this is not the proper forum, please move it to the correct one.

If you enjoyed reading about "unexpected xmas gift" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
medalguy
December 25, 2013, 11:58 PM
Well yes it's worth something. What does depend on the caliber and type of ammo. Very little old ammo is worth anything unless it's some odd kind of ammo.

Understand that ammo pre-1952 is corrosive, even blanks. Most likely without knowing what you have this is all shooting ammo. Just be sure you clean your firearm after shooting it.

shenck
December 26, 2013, 11:10 AM
I guess I wasn't thinking, it's all 30 06. I was sure it's corrosive, and not worth shooting in my rifles. I have enough 30 06 cases. I would rather keep it as a historical conversation starter.

If you enjoyed reading about "unexpected xmas gift" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!