Tactical overkill...

PDA

MN_Strelok
February 4, 2003, 09:36 PM
Has anyone out there seen the cover of the latest U.S. News & World Report (http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/030210/home.htm)? My first reaction was that the cover shot was staged with some civvie wanna-be, but the inside credit states "U.S. Special Forces soldier on duty in Columbia".

I don't understand how it could be real, because the guy has more tactical crap on that carbine than I own in total. From what I can see he's got an M4 with a carry sling, ACOG sight, some sort of laser rangefinder, flashlight, Harris-type bipod (??) and a C-mag.

Do you folks think the photo is authentic? Would any serious person ever triple the weight and ruin the balance of a perfectly good carbine like that? :uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "Tactical overkill..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hkmp5sd
February 4, 2003, 09:39 PM
the guy has more tactical crap on that carbine than I own in total.

You really need to talk to Skunkabilly and Twoblink! :) No such thing as too much tactical.

blades67
February 4, 2003, 09:44 PM
It's for real. The Beta C magazine does add weight, but all you need are a few targets in the Acog reticle to lighten the load.:evil:

45R
February 4, 2003, 09:51 PM
No such thing as "Tactical Overkill" unless your one on the business end of the M4 .

Kahr carrier
February 4, 2003, 10:41 PM
:D

HS/LD
February 4, 2003, 10:51 PM
Anyone thought those TACTICAL dodads might actually do something other than add weight?

HS/LD

10-Ring
February 5, 2003, 12:26 AM
From what I've learned over the last few nights, it's not tactical overkill if you have a genuine practical application! :scrutiny:

BerettaNut92
February 5, 2003, 12:57 AM
If there's a use for it, why not?

I think the rangefinder thing might be an infrared illuminator that works with NVGs, but not sure. Never felt the need to know. Out of my budget.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tactical overkill..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!