Range Report: SigPro 2340 40S&W

PDA

grimlock
March 29, 2004, 11:38 PM
I've now got 320 or so rounds downrange with my new SigPro, so I thought I'd pause and give an update on how things are going.

Accuracy: Pretty good, I think, but it shoots low for me. I'll probably change out the sights soon to fix that. It's not going to win any matches yet with me behind the trigger. Got a bit of work to do there. I grew up virtually attached to rifles and shotguns, but this is only about the sixth pistol I've ever fired. So, I've got a bit of a blink when the hammer falls, and I tend to pull the first DA shot low. At least I know what's wrong. Still, this past weekend I was ventilating 2-quart bottles full of water with great regularity from 10 yards, and broke a few stationary clay pigeons from 15. I'm working on it.

Reliability: Has fed all of the hollowpoints (only about 20) that I've given it. I've had 2 failures to feed with WinWhiteBox. One was with my wife at the controls, and may have been limpwristed. The other happened to me. Both times the nose fed high and hung up on the top of the chamber. No other malfunctions of any kind.

Comfort: Some say the grip is too fat, but it feels great to me. Recoil isn't an issue, and the muzzle flip doesn't bother me too much.

Overall, I'd say it was a great choice for me. At this point, I can only afford one semi pistol, so the buying choice was pretty much compromise city. Controllable enough for my wife to shoot, powerful enough that I feel I can trust it, corrosion resistant, and not very expensive.

Any questions, let me know.

Ross Newberry

If you enjoyed reading about "Range Report: SigPro 2340 40S&W" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rde
March 30, 2004, 01:35 AM
Can I have it?

Well...ummm..ya' asked?

:)

Congrats on a good choice.

tc300mag1
March 30, 2004, 10:09 AM
Good choice..But where are the pics?

grimlock
March 30, 2004, 10:26 AM
I'll put some up in the next day or so. For those of you who can't wait, it's the all-black version with the smaller grip and dotted-i sights, and is a BlueLine LE model because the gun shop didn't have any of the sandard ones. Only difference is a logo on top of the slide and 3 LE-only magazines that they couldn't sell to me.

grimlock
March 30, 2004, 11:33 PM
Ok, here are a couple of pics.

First one is halfway through cleaning.
http://home.earthlink.net/~rossnewberry/nasioc/SigPro01.jpg

The other one is reassembled, and shows the other method of following Rule 3. (Mostly joking. I only did that to show the amount of room in the trigger guard.
http://home.earthlink.net/~rossnewberry/nasioc/SigPro02.jpg

Let me know if you have any other requests other than that I send you the gun. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Range Report: SigPro 2340 40S&W" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!