10 minutes left of the season......

PDA

herkyguy
January 3, 2014, 12:33 PM
So there I was, in my blind, looking down a trail about a hundred yards. sunset all but gone and ten minutes left of the eastern NC deer season. This doe walked out and fell in her tracks to my 30-06. My land is thick brush with only a few trails cut by my own hand. shots to the vitals are critical for a quick kill or there's a good chance i'll never find them.

If you'd seen me, you'd have thought i just shot the buck of my life. in reality, i was just ecstatic for one last chance to fill the freezer for the year. my wife is into venison now and we've been going through quite a bit since the season opened so i wanted very badly to take one more.

not sure if it was the cold or the kill, but i was shaking. no drug could even come close to that feeling.

If you enjoyed reading about "10 minutes left of the season......" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
buck460XVR
January 3, 2014, 12:40 PM
I always say, it ain't the size of the deer in the hunt that matters, but the size of the hunt in the deer. Congrats, should be a good eater.

Gregaw
January 3, 2014, 02:07 PM
I love that feeling! Congratulations on the quick kill! I'm heading out tomorrow for perhaps the last time this season to see if I can add one last deer to the freezer.

WayBeau
January 3, 2014, 02:35 PM
Awesome! I'm hoping to put something in the freezer tomorrow. If not, it'll be a LOOOONG wait until next season.

Yarddog
January 3, 2014, 02:39 PM
If I did'nt get excited when I see deer, Nice buck especially i would'nt hunt ; )
Y/D

If you enjoyed reading about "10 minutes left of the season......" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!