Which THR member is she?

PDA

Oleg Volk
March 30, 2004, 01:11 AM
http://thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=903302
Folks who were at the gathering, please let others try and figure this out for themselves ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Which THR member is she?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Coronach
March 30, 2004, 01:15 AM
Dunno. But she is pretty, and is surrounded by a rather impressive collection of firearms.

:eek:

Mike

SoCalGeek
March 30, 2004, 01:46 AM
If i had to guess i would say Tamara, but i have only a vague recollection of the last picture i saw of her.

sm
March 30, 2004, 02:10 AM
Mama06 ?

Caption should read:

"I won the coin toss, Oleg gets to do the dishes"
:)

Wildalaska
March 30, 2004, 02:18 AM
Who? All I see is guns!

WildforthebenefitofswmboofcourseAlaska

Kobun
March 30, 2004, 02:28 AM
Ken,

...swmbo...
Ant that is? :confused:

Wow... I want to come to one of your gatherings!
You better make sure you hold one next time I come stateside. :)

Wildalaska
March 30, 2004, 02:51 AM
SWMBO

She Who Must Be Obeyed

WildamereplebianAlaska

Brian Dale
March 30, 2004, 03:12 AM
Hmmm, 3 ARs, and one of 'em is in her lap. Is it ARperson?

Andrew Rothman
March 30, 2004, 03:59 AM
Um, with an arsenal like that, her name is whatever she says her name is, ma'am.

twoblink
March 30, 2004, 05:33 AM
I know who but I won't tell!! :neener:

She's a cutie though...

Nightfall
March 30, 2004, 05:33 AM
Hey lady! You're blocking the guns! :neener: Is it Girlwithagun?

Great collection, but one minor problem... only one shotgun! :uhoh: :p

Devonai
March 30, 2004, 05:41 AM
I'm still undecided on whether or not I like Oleg's Garand masquerading as an M1A. Some things are certainly meant for hardwood, but you can't discount the tacticool potential in anything.

hd1.
March 30, 2004, 07:33 AM
Is that Barbara, from Michigan?

Langenator
March 30, 2004, 07:36 AM
Actually, Happy Bob, look at the far right side of the picture...there's FOUR ARs...

RED-DOG 40
March 30, 2004, 07:43 AM
Hmmm.. Toenails painted ,fingernails not. She probably work with her hands.I would say Tamara . Definitly has that TN. appearance. I lived in Greenville back in `75 . Seeing all that firepower, I would say she definitly should be addressed as " Mamm "...:cool: ....:uhoh:

mnealtx
March 30, 2004, 07:44 AM
I'm guessing either Girlwithagun or GusDaddysgrl....

foghornl
March 30, 2004, 07:58 AM
Tamara's brunette sister......:D

I see the ear muffs, but where is the eye protection?

Actually, I don't have a clue. Pretty lady with a winning smile and lots of interesting hardware, though.

mountain_cowboy
March 30, 2004, 08:43 AM
If you look at that picture and can only see the guns, there's something wrong with you.

FPrice
March 30, 2004, 08:55 AM
"If you look at that picture and can only see the guns, there's something wrong with you."

yeah, it's called being married! :D

BTW, there is a nice CRKT M16-13 in that pic also.

MissileCop
March 30, 2004, 09:02 AM
Who is she?????

One I want to date!!!!! :D

Well, provided she comes with all the accessories! ;)

MuzzleBlast
March 30, 2004, 09:04 AM
Damn cute, whoever she is! :)

armoredman
March 30, 2004, 09:15 AM
I want the guns. All of them......:D

geekWithA.45
March 30, 2004, 09:18 AM
Isn't that Kitiara?

She whose boyfriend was illegally detained at an airport in VA for properly flying with firearms in checked baggage, with all the correct paperwork?

I don't know what THR handle she uses.

Lennyjoe
March 30, 2004, 09:35 AM
Dont think its Tam. Not enough guns there for her. ;)

Tamara
March 30, 2004, 09:54 AM
What's fun is looking at pics like that one and saying "Ooh, that pistol used to be mine! And there's my old holster!" :D

OEF_VET
March 30, 2004, 09:59 AM
Let me give you some clues:

She was at Olegs the other night, en route to her new home in Montana. She's a very nice young lady, as intelligent as she is beautiful (and she LOVES guns!). However, sorry all you single guys, that young lady is spoken for.

12-34hom
March 30, 2004, 10:06 AM
Girl, what girl??

12-34hom.

Buckskinner
March 30, 2004, 10:06 AM
SWM wants to meet nice woman into shooting sports, hunting, and Hoppe's #9. I like casual reloading and changing grips on my .45's. You like fresh bronze brushes and the sound of brass tumbling. Please send pics of your gun collection to ShootSt8@Iwish.com:D

4v50 Gary
March 30, 2004, 10:21 AM
Kaylee? (BTW, I've never met any of the women of this website).

Gotta admire that collection of guns. M1 w/flash suppressor, M-14, ARs in all varieties, scoped long range rifles - something for everyone! :cool:

TallPine
March 30, 2004, 10:32 AM
Well, if she's moving to Montana, she needs to stop in and say "howdy" sometime ...

:D

Oleg Volk
March 30, 2004, 10:32 AM
Geek with a 45 got it right: she is Kitiara.

MaterDei
March 30, 2004, 11:01 AM
What is her THR handle?

spacemanspiff
March 30, 2004, 12:23 PM
been looking at that pic for ten minutes, i still dont see anyone in it! maybe its an optical illusion?

dustind
March 30, 2004, 12:44 PM
What is that thing under the hearing protection?

PATH
March 30, 2004, 12:50 PM
Sigh!:( I have dreams that are strikingly similar to that picture. A gal who like guns!:D Now if she likes beer and pickups I am going to be extremely jealous! ;)

Quartus
March 30, 2004, 12:58 PM
Beer or beer guts, Path?

:neener:

Wow, pretty, loves guns and Montana! what's not to like?

PATH
March 30, 2004, 01:29 PM
I guess both in my case!:D

ruger357
March 30, 2004, 01:44 PM
Can't be Tamara, she would be surounded by S&W wheelguns.:D

Oleg Volk
March 30, 2004, 01:46 PM
She drives a truck but doesn't drink beer. Good enough for ya?

The green tube is an RPG container.

El Tejon
March 30, 2004, 01:54 PM
O.D. tube=ArPayGay Sem'.:D

Mr. Wolf, so, someone who used to live in the Land of Orange, but now wants to rassle bears and pumas in Big Sheep country? Is that Kaylee? I only half pay attention--if you haven't noticed!:D

Kinsman
March 30, 2004, 02:13 PM
Let me be the second to extend a warm welcome from Big Sky Country! The winters may be cold but our hearts are warm and there's always room for good folks here.

The Kinsman clan is in the Western part of the State; please give us a chance to feed you and do some shootin' too, if you'll be in the area.

Dollar Bill
March 30, 2004, 02:23 PM
I have no idea who she is, but she is pretty nice and I wish I were 20 years younger and we chanced to meet. I like her choice of arms, also as it is a very eclectic selection. She even has an FAL so she is certainly after my own heart.

It's good to be in America!

cool45auto
March 30, 2004, 02:32 PM
A very lucky girl by the looks of things! What is that green tube thing under the ear protection?

OEF_VET
March 30, 2004, 06:13 PM
The OD tube under the hearing protection is a shipping tube for an RPG rocket, which I brought back from Afghanistan (the tube, not the rocket).

While she is a lover of all things firearm, the majority of those pictured aren't hers. IIRC, the only one which is hers is the NAA mini-revolver. The rest of her firearms are/were in transit to Montana. The weapons pictured belong to myself, Amish Bill and Oleg. The AK, Remington 700 PSS and one of the P32's are mine. The Mini-14, the FAL, one of the AR's, and a large number of the handguns are Bill's. The remaining AR's, the milsurps, the Winchester 1300, the remaining handguns, and the Airsoft MP5SD are Olegs.

entropy
March 30, 2004, 06:15 PM
.....are her legs tired? Because she's been running thru my dreams for a long time.......:D

Atticus
March 30, 2004, 06:16 PM
A rose among thorns.

Ala Dan
March 30, 2004, 07:00 PM
Looks too me kind'a like an East Tennessee country
gal (NO pun intended); so I tossed a coin into the
air. If it landed on heads, its Tam; but if it landed
on tails, its Kaylee. Guess what? It landed on tails
so my guess is:

KAYLEE

Whom ever it is, she's mighty pretty!

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

ChickenHawk
March 30, 2004, 07:28 PM
I'm a happily married man, but you guys who said "What girl?" are just nuts!

I have no idea who it is, though.

Cheers,
ChickenHawk

Atticus
March 30, 2004, 07:32 PM
I believe Oleg already confirmed who it is guys.

"Geek with a 45 got it right: she is Kitiara."
"Last edited by Oleg Volk on March 30th, 2004 at 07:26 PM"

Oleg Volk
March 30, 2004, 07:54 PM
http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/albums/kit/kit_nashville.sized.jpg
http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/albums/kit/kit_ak.sized.jpg
http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/albums/kit/desert_kit.sized.jpg
http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/albums/kit/smurf.sized.jpg
http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/albums/kit/flashbunnyhat.sized.jpg
http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/albums/kit/700pss.sized.jpg
A few more pictures from the same gathering. I need to come out to Montana and take photos of her and her boyfriend in their natural environment.

KaceCoyote
March 30, 2004, 08:02 PM
Nice work Oleg! I -really- need to get me a lightin studio and more guns. :D

Nightfall
March 30, 2004, 08:13 PM
I got that "DANGER DANGER" tingle in the side of my face and back of my neck I get when I'm in a bad situation after looking at that aimed AK picture. You know you're a good photographer when you can make people duck or twitch with just a picture, Mr. Volk. :D

mondocomputerman
March 30, 2004, 09:02 PM
Nice work Oleg. Nice safe handling of the weapons by the girl!

TamThompson
March 30, 2004, 09:25 PM
It's not me. I'm blond, have a dark tan from working out outside, and am much more muscular.

kitiara
March 30, 2004, 09:26 PM
Ah - found my account. It's under 'kitiara' after all! I had a great time Oleg - and I loved meeting your friends. They're definitely my kind of people!

MaterDei
March 30, 2004, 09:34 PM
Well that answers my question. Kitiara's THR name is...kitiara. :)

FPrice
March 30, 2004, 09:39 PM
"Well that answers my question. Kitiara's THR name is...kitiara."

Who'd a thunk it?

:scrutiny:

OEF_VET
March 30, 2004, 09:55 PM
Hey Kit! Glad to see you around. It was really nice to meet you the other evening. As you can see, you're becoming quite popular around here already. I hope your trip goes well, enjoy Montana.

Frank

Kendra Pacelli
March 30, 2004, 10:21 PM
Hey Kit, glad to have met you. I enjoyed your company. Hoping to get those pics that Amish Bill took of us together. Hell, we were the hotest (only) chicks there :)

Anywho, have a safe trip and PM me anytime.

Oleg Volk
March 30, 2004, 10:23 PM
Kendra, I think you forgot these two:
http://www.olegvolk.net/newphotos/LAvisitor.jpg

Siggyboy
March 30, 2004, 11:45 PM
I knew I saw her somewhere before...its not every day you see a girl so into guns and even rarer one so vain. ;)

Tamara
March 31, 2004, 12:23 AM
Hey, they're sitting on my bed! :scrutiny:

(For thems what have never done a Nashville gig at the Volkmeister's, the hospitality's very Southern, but the sleeping accomodations are somewhat Spartan. At least he doesn't have a couple of over-friendly cats to trigger the allergies of guests, which is a frequent problem during Knoxville gigs. ;) )

(Which is why I avoid doing gatherings at my crib. At night, if someone needs to use the smallest room, you can track their progress by sound:

*Clunk!*
They just bumped the shotgun off the chair...
*Flump!*
...and knocked over the stack of books...
*Clang!*
...kicked over the row of swords leaning against the wall...
*Clatter!*
...stubbed their toe on that sack of Diet Dew cans and beer bottles...
*Meeeowrr!*
...stepped on one of the cats, probably Random Numbers...
*Sploosh!*
...and kicked over the cats' water bowl, just inside the bathroom door. :D )

Oleg Volk
March 31, 2004, 12:27 AM
Tam,

Since Kit was the sole visitor, she has my bed and I had the foldaway at the office. The weather was warm enough that I wasn't required to keep her feet warm ;) When you visited, the upstairs was already filled to capacity...

Kit was a delightfully low-impact guest, and left the place cleaner than she found it. And, to use Tam's expression, she's smarter than a whole pack of white rats.

Tamara
March 31, 2004, 12:38 AM
And, to use Tam's expression, she's smarter than a whole pack of white rats.

IQ like a ZIP code, huh? Cool! :)

Skunkabilly
March 31, 2004, 01:20 AM
However, sorry all you single guys, that young lady is spoken for.

There is no justice in this world :(

WonderNine
March 31, 2004, 01:23 AM
There is no justice in this world :(

At least you live in California Skunk. Sure it sucks for guns....but the womenz....:) :) :)

The_Antibubba
March 31, 2004, 06:13 AM
All I'm gonna say is....

That boyfriend better appreciate what he's got.

TerryBob
March 31, 2004, 07:44 AM
If you look at that picture and can only see the guns, there's something wrong with you.

I looked at the pic for ten minutes before I saw any guns. At first, I thought that it was off topic for THR. :D

TerryBob

jamz
March 31, 2004, 08:07 AM
You know what's sorta cool? All those muzzles, and rule #2 is not being broken anywhere. :) (Alhough for the photographer it's kinda marginal) Now THAT'S attention to detail.

Of course, she can't actually move....

-James

Gus Dddysgrl
March 31, 2004, 09:40 AM
Nice collection. Wish it could have been me. I have shorter and darker hair, and in my opinion not as good looking. Course Jon would disagree. (I think I have a low self-esteem when it comes to looks.) :rolleyes: :neener:

I only own 2 guns, but then again not many of those were hers so it could have been me.

I would like to come down for a gathering sometime. I will be driving to Georgia for my honeymoon in July and right after that instead of coming straight back to PA we are going to Kentuckey for Jon's sis's wedding. So plan something between July 10th and 24th. I don't know the weekend, but I know I could make it then.

Amish_Bill
March 31, 2004, 11:05 AM
What part of GA are you going through? Anywhere near Atlanta?

Dang-nabit-film-cameras.... I wanted to get my pics in digital format... and the photo-CDs will not be ready till tommorrow after work. Oleg has had his in progress for days, but I haven't even seen mine yet!

I was hoping to wait a bit, but it looks like I'll have to jump sooner... Hello Canon 10D! (now just have to get around to filing the tax return to pay for it..)

Maybe tomorrow night or this weekend I'll have some more pics worthy of posting... <crossing of fingers>

Gus Dddysgrl
March 31, 2004, 11:15 AM
I think the place we're staying is in Savannah. (Did I spell it right?) It's a friend's parents "summer/beach" house. We will prolly visit Atlanta and any other place that's nice down there.

Amish_Bill
March 31, 2004, 11:25 AM
Atlanta?
Nice?
I probably will not be seeing you then... ;-)

Harry Tuttle
March 31, 2004, 11:29 AM
10Ds are nice

but a digital Rebel with a nice 2.8 lens is a good deal

then when Canon comes out with a full frame CCD next year
you will have some nice glass for digital camera 2.0

the only real issue with the Rebel is the plastic lens mount,
as long as you dont drop it with a 400mm lens on board
you should be OK

Amish_Bill
March 31, 2004, 11:34 AM
Secondary concern is the lack of adjustment on flash exposure.

If I can manage to stumble on a good deal for a used 300D (Digi-Rebel) I might jump on it, but I'm not going to commit yet. First is seeing if sigma will re-chip my f2.8 short zoom for the new digi-bodies.

I've heard some rumors of a new product announcement for Q4. I don't think I can hang that long... :-(

Then again... a buddy of mine is a consumate pawn-shopper... I wonder if he could find a digi-rebel cheap. If so, I could use it until the new stuff comes out then sell it for a very small loss. ;-)

Skunkabilly
April 1, 2004, 01:25 AM
http://www.skunkabilly.com/images/tactical/d70.jpg

"The ULTIMATE. You know it, you FEAR it. You love it." --Blain

Squirtigus, no worries on the looks. You're tactical, and that's all that matters :D

natedog
April 1, 2004, 01:30 AM
What kind of FAL is that?

Kendra Pacelli
April 1, 2004, 09:41 AM
Kendra, I think you forgot these two:

Oops. There weren't there that long....However, they were hotties too....I am not sure how the men took having that many women in one room....and during gun talk too :D

All in all, I had a great time, and waiting for one particular pic that Amish Bill took....Bill you know which one I am talking about!

prisoner6
April 1, 2004, 09:48 AM
...stepped on one of the cats, probably Random Numbers...

Good name for a cat, was Pixel already taken?

Amish_Bill
April 1, 2004, 10:02 AM
...and waiting for one particular pic that Amish Bill took....Bill you know which one I am talking about!Oh great... Nothing like combining Test Anxiety with Performance Pressure... Love You Too Kendra... :p

"Supposedly" my photo-CDs will be ready after work today... Hopefully one or two pics will jump out at me. If not, well... What are the odds that I'll randomly grab that one specific pic from the three rolls I shot? :rolleyes:

Please, oh please... let at least a few of my pics not suck.....

Kendra Pacelli
April 1, 2004, 10:18 AM
Please, oh please... let at least a few of my pics not suck.....

Oh Amish Bill, I have faith in you...However, if they suck, your next visit.....well, you figure it out:evil: :neener: :D

Amish_Bill
April 1, 2004, 10:44 AM
...However, if they suck, your next visit.....well, you figure it outYou... you'll... <choke, gasp> ... you'll make me take more..??

Oh, the inhumanity of it!

Amish_Bill
April 1, 2004, 08:07 PM
:cuss: !! SCRATCHED FREAK'N NEGATIVES !! :cuss:

Let me sort through & see what survived....

I need Digital :banghead:
I need a Digital Camera :banghead:
I need a Digital Camera that doesn't suck :banghead:

Zach S
April 1, 2004, 08:20 PM
Kit sounds familiar, however only has two posts here...

1911forum.com maybe? Havent been there in a while.

edit: Yeah, 1911forum.com.

Ashendale
April 1, 2004, 09:39 PM
*Laugh*
I love how the thread topic has the key ingredients "female", "pic", and "may even know her" and it gets over 4000 views. heh heh
Ian
btw... I beg your pardon... had a few drinks tonight. Long day at the clinic.

Amish_Bill
April 1, 2004, 09:54 PM
I need to adjust for the yellow tint... :-(

Shhh.. I'm Hunting Goblin!

http://www.crankylabs.com/nash/nv0063s.jpg

Setting up the shot.

http://www.crankylabs.com/nash/nv0065s.jpg

Fetch me another Photographer. I seem to have broken this one!

http://www.crankylabs.com/nash/nv0066s.jpg

Frohickey
April 1, 2004, 11:09 PM
I think if you try and take a picture of Tamara and all of her guns, you would need to really zoom so far out that you would not be able to recognize the face. :neener:

Skunky, I thought you wanted the Korean SWAT girl.

artherd
April 2, 2004, 02:14 AM
Amish_Bill- I can touch up the scratches if you want (or you can do it in photoshop, use the rubber stamp tool and clone surrounding areas in *carefully*)

Digitals are nice, but THIS is the camera I want:

http://www.hasselblad.se/Archive/images/products/Cameras/camera_H1.jpg

Hasselblad H1 Medium Format. <slobber>

Skunkabilly
April 2, 2004, 02:39 AM
Uhh...is that a Blackhawk Industries sticker on that ammo can?? :scrutiny:

OEF_VET
April 2, 2004, 08:14 AM
Skunk,

You don't need Lasik my friend. Yes, that is a Blackhawk sticker. However, it is on my Plano Air-Glide case, where the 700 PSS normally resides when beautiful women aren't playing with it.

tc300mag1
April 2, 2004, 09:00 AM
Ahh the dreaded scratches Digtal is the way to go i waited and waited and waited some more and finally bought digi last year this time and ill never go back.I was shooting upwards of 300 rolls of film a year... now who know how much i shoot all i know is i need a dvd burner and bigger HDD..

Nice pics by all..

Barbara
April 2, 2004, 10:28 PM
Definately not me! I'm a little older and not nearly as tactical. :)

http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/michigan/brian_barb

outdoorman63
April 2, 2004, 11:01 PM
did i miss something? who is it? by the way looked like a fun time....

outdoorman63
April 2, 2004, 11:04 PM
after reading the posts for the second time i figured it out..okay time for bed for me..lol

Oleg Volk
April 7, 2004, 03:07 PM
And here are Kendra Pacelli and Darrin:
http://thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=922943

aikidoka-mks
April 7, 2004, 07:18 PM
Could we perhaps import some intelligent, gun loving, attractive and single women to northwest indiana? sigh

Looks like everyone had a good time - nice guns.

Mark

BluesBear
April 7, 2004, 10:05 PM
aikidoka-mks, there are plenty of them in Southern Indiana. At least there were the last time I was there. (1999)
Of course there are even more in Kentucky & Tennessee. :evil:

Bowlcut
April 8, 2004, 06:50 PM
for some reason darrin has the dear in the headlights look :confused: :uhoh: :scrutiny: ;)

JeffS
April 8, 2004, 08:32 PM
It's good to know that I'm far from being the only one who can't see the girl from the guns.

Stickjockey
April 8, 2004, 11:47 PM
natedog say:
What kind of FAL is that?

Its' Israeli. Heavy barrel, Oleg?

Amish_Bill
April 8, 2004, 11:54 PM
It's got Izzy furniture and a muzzle break. That's all I know about it for sure.

Oh, yeah... and it was purchased at a Waffle House.

Kendra Pacelli
April 9, 2004, 12:27 AM
Oh, yeah... and it was purchased at a Waffle House.

RFLMAO

If you enjoyed reading about "Which THR member is she?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!