Steyr S9 Good or pass?

PDA

Josey
March 30, 2004, 02:27 AM
I am considering a economy 9MM for the car. I have become interested in the Steyr. Any information would be appreciated. Specifics I would like are price, any finish (rust) problems and suggestions of tuning or just leave it alone.

If you enjoyed reading about "Steyr S9 Good or pass?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mrapathy2000
March 30, 2004, 02:40 AM
good pistol, no rust issues I have experienced or heard of. made in austria the designer used to work for glock and pitched idea to glock though glock turned it down so he went to steyr.

dont expect to put anything on the rail even though adapter for M series will be availible, could put it on S series but would not be fully supported.

accurate,3dot night sights availible if you dont like the trapazoidal sites. some other sights also availible.

not sure what serial number guns have the tennifer metal treatment.
very nice design and easy dissasembly. frame rails are on a subframe removeable/replaceable.

the S9 was a rarity before month or two ago when new shipment of parts and pistols arrived. before the shipment S9's sold for $450 and were rarely seen for sale. good buy from cdnninvestments for $280 or $320 whatever its going for at cdnninvestments.com

arinvolvo
March 30, 2004, 03:26 AM
good, no pass.

RatFink
March 30, 2004, 03:30 AM
There's a group of us here that own, carry, and love our Steyrs. I have an S40, and plan on getting an M40 soon. Based on my experience with the recoil of the .40 S&W, I'd bet that this pistol would really shine in 9mm.

IMHO, the Steyrs are the best deal going on a modern, great shooting pistol.

arinvolvo
March 30, 2004, 03:42 AM
by the way, good luck leaving it in the car...dollars to donuts you are going to be looking for a holster for it about an hour after you get it.

its too nice to NOT carry.

Josey
March 30, 2004, 04:33 AM
Hmmm? I saw one for less than $195.00. I will have to check into it at that price. It made me wonder about a sub $200 pistol.

sigma 40ve
March 30, 2004, 05:44 AM
Less than $200? If it checks out ok, you better get it. I wish I could come across a deal like that.

sigma 40ve
March 30, 2004, 05:50 AM
Less than $200? If it checks out ok, you better get it. I wish I could come across a deal like that.

Mr. Mysterious
March 30, 2004, 08:29 AM
Just a reminder that this pistol has been redesigned and when the current M/S's are all sold we will see the price in the 450-500 range. This is just an educated guess, but it would be very suprising if this was not the case.

Oh yeah...I love my M9.

Zundfolge
March 30, 2004, 01:42 PM
The M has been redesigned ... the S is still going to be produced just as it is.

I love my S40 and carry it daily ... only gun I've had that I liked to carry better was a Kahr MK40 (better to carry ... not to shoot).

My S40 is more comfortable to carry then my Makarov.

Jon Coppenbarger
March 30, 2004, 01:48 PM
Have not shot the s models but own a m40 with the night sights and not the tri type.
It shoots great and recoil is very nice with the design of the pistol.

i have used it for ccw for the last couple of months and have put my g30 45 auto in the safe and carry it only once in awhile, both pistols use the same holster for me so it made it a easy choice.

I believe Styer make great weapons and the hand guns are a bargin right now and as soon as the current inventory dries up and the new models come out you will wish you would of bought one at the current sale prices.

If you enjoyed reading about "Steyr S9 Good or pass?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!