Sight options for an FEG PJK-9HP

PDA

RatFink
March 30, 2004, 02:36 AM
Am I stuck with needing to see a smith for something installed? or is there a good sight that will work with the existing dovetail and front sight?

Since I'm sure the answer is to see a smith about an install, what should I expect to pay?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sight options for an FEG PJK-9HP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dave R
March 30, 2004, 12:20 PM
I believe a 'smith will need to install. Though the rear dovetail might fit another rear sight?

SouthpawShootr
March 30, 2004, 12:22 PM
Most likely:

I talked to one of my local guys about getting new sights on mine and he said Sig P-series sights will fit the dovetail (this is what he told me, I don't know that they will and I don't know that they won't). I had originally planned to have him open up the rear dovetail so that I could get a set of McCormick low profile rear sights in. You could try out the Sig rear sight and see what happens. But your front sight will probably be too low.

My smith recommended a Millet front sight ($40 installed). He said he could cut me a front dovetailf for $40. So I'm chewing on this for a while.

Longbow
March 30, 2004, 12:51 PM
The problem with the FEG BHP is that little dinky (read too small) front sight. Its easy to find a good replacement rear sight, but the front still has to be changed. I say, go all the way and have both replaced. I recommend Heine or Bomar. If the Sig's will fit, CDNN (800-588-9500) has a new set of tritium sights for $40, seconds for $25 (cheaper option). Good luck!

P.S.
My gunsmith charges me $15 just for cutting a front dovetail. Bluing/refinishing is extra, which I usually don't need. He does a real nice clean cut.

RatFink
March 30, 2004, 01:24 PM
If the sig sights would fit, then it would greatly reduce the cost of sight replacement down to just the cost of the front sight dovetail.

RatFink
March 30, 2004, 01:42 PM
I just noticed that the Dovetail on my steyr looks like it's the same size, I wonder if I could get a set of their express sights to fit on this.

http://usasteyr.com/images/71-0100-E.jpg

or their night sights

http://usasteyr.com/images/194-05-0003-E.jpg

I just mic'd them out and they are very-very close.

RatFink
March 31, 2004, 09:15 PM
I ordered a set of the used Sig night sights, I'll let you guys know if it works.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sight options for an FEG PJK-9HP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!