Movie: 25th Hour

PDA

othermarc
February 4, 2003, 10:45 PM
Saw this Spike Lee movie this weekend. To me it was a bit of a snoozer, but it had it's good moments.

My favorite is when the Russian mob boss takes a semi auto, waves it around, and then quickly racks the slide and points it at Ed Norton's character. I guess it was supposed to be menacing, but there musta been an empty mag as the slide was locked open.

When I leaned in to tell my girlfriend this obvious oversight, she did not find it as funny as me. Oh well.

Can anyone confirm that's a Browning Hi Power he used?

If you enjoyed reading about "Movie: 25th Hour" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MK11
February 5, 2003, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I had the same reaction, although I'm pretty sure it was a CZ-75.

spacemanspiff
February 5, 2003, 12:07 PM
***** S P O I L E R *****

i fell asleep during the movie. whole thing coulda been summed up in 10 minutes, 15 would be stretching it.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

John G
February 5, 2003, 03:14 PM
I'm still angry at Norton for dating Salma Hayek. Bastard.

Arkady
February 5, 2003, 07:23 PM
It was a decent movie, and i'm pretty sure the Russian guy had a CZ-75.

Rebel Gunman HK
February 6, 2003, 11:41 PM
Yum .... Salma

106rr
February 7, 2003, 01:20 PM
25th Hour was probably the best work Spike Lee has ever done.
You have to hand it to him for most improved filmaker. There were some good plot twists and only a few of his usual preaching speeches. He was able to hire some excellent actors this time. I liked the exceptionally cheerful DEA guys.
Mike
Yeh it was a Cz 75.

spacemanspiff
February 7, 2003, 01:33 PM
i was only impressed by the rant in the restroom mirror.

David Roberson
February 7, 2003, 03:43 PM
Remember that Spike Lee is a hard-core anti who said publicly at the time his Son of Sam movie was released that Charlton Heston should be shot with a .44.

Why give your movie money to someone working to take away your rights?

If you enjoyed reading about "Movie: 25th Hour" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!