Texas Residents - please post comments to Travis County Commisioners court FB page

PDA

spandexdonkey
January 10, 2014, 11:45 AM
https://www.facebook.com/TravisCountyTX

All, The link above is to the Travis County court page. It appears that they are deleting posts that support the Saxet gun show (opposing view to their vote to not renew SAXET's contract). Please post your opposition to this decision.

Here's more on the story from local news as well:
http://www.keyetv.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/no-more-gun-shows-at-travis-county-expo-center-15370.shtml

Update: It appears that they are hiding all of the views that disagree with their recent vote on the Travis county site. Different opinions on the Keyetv site. I can see mine, but none of my close friends comments

If you enjoyed reading about "Texas Residents - please post comments to Travis County Commisioners court FB page" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
elephant_man
February 3, 2014, 04:23 PM
They're having a vote again on the February 4. Try posting a 1 star comment in the review section - they cant delete reviews from what I understand. I already commented and liked our sides commentary even though it's probably not going to change anything.

Also, it should be interesting to note that in the past two months MAIG has had three mass newsletters about this with a link to their automated form. That's probably why Travis Co gunowners are getting so overwhelmed by antis on this issue.

Spats McGee
February 8, 2014, 10:48 AM
I attended a recent CLE that dealt with social media, public entities and Freedom of Information Acts. Depending on how TX state law is written, that FB page could be construed as a public meeting. If that's the case, deleting all opposing comments is akin to deleting or disallowing opposing comments at an actual physical meeting. That could be a big problem for them, in FOI and First Amendment terms.

Mike1234567
February 8, 2014, 11:49 AM
Scumbag Austin bureaucrats...

If you enjoyed reading about "Texas Residents - please post comments to Travis County Commisioners court FB page" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!