Tried to delete a thread I had posted to the wrong area

PDA

jsalcedo
February 5, 2003, 12:45 AM
I accidentally posted a thread to the wrong area of THR.
I went back and tried to delete using the given buttons but it said I did not have permission.

The thread had not been read and there were no replies.

Is this normal or a problem with my account?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Tried to delete a thread I had posted to the wrong area" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TheBluesMan
February 5, 2003, 01:22 AM
That is the way this site is set up. We subscribe to the axiom: "Think Twice, Post Once." :D

If a member started a thread, and then three weeks later decided to delete his post, the entire thread would be lost. That is the reason members can't delete their own posts.

They can, however, edit it down to a single character. Another option is to post the URL of the thread in question in this forum and a helpful and friendly staff member will gladly move it to the proper location for them. :)

-Dave

jsalcedo
February 5, 2003, 01:25 AM
Thanks, I never thought to ask the staff :banghead:

Mike Irwin
February 5, 2003, 01:28 AM
"Think Twice, Post Once"

That may be you, Blues, but I am personally of the "Post like mad, go to bed" school.

NIGHT!

Hkmp5sd
February 5, 2003, 01:31 AM
Must be a recent change. A few weeks ago, you could delete your posts. Was about the time everything was moving in slow motion and people were getting multiple posts.

Mal H
February 5, 2003, 11:56 AM
True. We changed it shortly after that episode. Some folks were deleting entire threads that had lots of replies. Not good.

Like TheBluesMan said, please let us know if you need an action taken on any thread or post. We will always oblige if it is proper doesn't affect other members.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tried to delete a thread I had posted to the wrong area" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!