Sig Sauer P238

PDA

Byron
January 20, 2014, 07:34 PM
I purchased one recently and found it to be a good pocket pistol for me.I called Sig to ask of the ammo and +P is prohibited.I am using Hornady CD.He said it was necessary to repace the springs once a year or every 500 rounds.This is not a plinker but do the springs wear that quickly on this gun?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig Sauer P238" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
herkyguy
January 21, 2014, 09:13 AM
mine haven't. I found that my P238 only reliably feeds ball ammo, which is what i planned on carrying anyways so it wasn't a big deal. if you search around, there are quite a few threads on P238 springs as they had some problems very early on. i think all the new ones have the good spring. it should be flat rather than round.

Byron
January 21, 2014, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the tip on the spring.Mine was made a few months ago and has the flat spring.

RUT
January 21, 2014, 05:57 PM
I doubt that I'll ever put 500 rounds through mine anyway. :p

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig Sauer P238" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!