Just traded for an sr9c and wow it is nice!

PDA

bhhacker
January 21, 2014, 06:06 PM
HOLY SMOKES! This thing is pretty nice.

I was selling an SKS I had in the safe and this guy brings over a NIB 9mm he was looking to trade. He had 2 17 round mags and 1 10 rounder with speer HPs in them. I was half interested but told him id have to feel it and whatnot. I had been looking for a CCW pistol.

I tried that trigger and actually said "whoa" out loud. That is a heck of a nice trigger! We ended up doing the deal and i took it to the range.

At first i shot it pretty terribly, but thats my skills and not the gun. It had been about 3 months without me shooting (was in thailand) but i was soon able to get pretty decent grouping by the end of the day.

So far its been reliable with no problems, but its still a little early to talk about reliability.

About the only thing that i dont like on it is the fact that the slide is so hard to pull back. Im no weeny but man that is TOUGH. Especially trying to dry fire while watching tv.

If you enjoyed reading about "Just traded for an sr9c and wow it is nice!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
M2 Carbine
January 21, 2014, 06:27 PM
The SR9C trigger actually sold me on my first one
Since then I bought a second SR9C, a SR40C and a SR45.

All are good guns but I couldn't warm up to the SR45. I gave it to a lady friend a couple weeks ago. She has small hands but loves the gun.

Last year a lady friend, new shooter, shot on one of those full size live fire trainers. Don't know what they are called but it's pretty realistic with a bunch of bad guys and different scenarios. The local Police use this trainer.

The operator told the lady there would be multiple bad guys coming from all directions and she would need a extra magazine.
I gave the lady my Crimson Trace laser equipped SR9c and a couple extra magazines.

I wish I had a video of the shootout. The lady was really good with that SR9C.

When finished the operator told us, No one had ever completed that course without being shot or killed.
The lady was not "hit" one time and seldom the bad guys got off a shot.

Of course I told her it was because she was using my SR9C.:D

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x464/Bell-helicopter-407/SR9Claser.jpg (http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/Bell-helicopter-407/media/SR9Claser.jpg.html)

grogetr
January 21, 2014, 06:29 PM
I have a full size sr9 and has been very reliable. I did find that my barrel is over sized and have leading problems when I started reloading lead bullets. I just sent it back to Ruger to hopefully get the barrel changed out.

JR24
January 21, 2014, 06:32 PM
SR9c is a great little gun. The very nice trigger is what made me pick it over an M&P 9c.

I'm pretty darned accurate with it as well, great clear reset and handles recoil well. I'm waiting for them to release the 45c so I can complete the set.

jjones45
January 21, 2014, 06:49 PM
Ruger sr series is a great bang for buck. I love my sr45 and thought many times about buying a sr9c just because how much I love mine. The only thing I don't like is the safety. I just don't like safeties on any gun that is not a single action trigger. The sr trigger is sweet. I rate it second only to my walther ppq. It's better than my m&p and glock. Actually I wish I could just put the walther ppq reset on my sr45 and I think that would be the best striker trigger available. Ruger definitely got it right with this one.

TennJed
January 21, 2014, 07:00 PM
congrats

Mike1234567
January 21, 2014, 08:12 PM
I sure do like mine. Congrats!!:)

gym
January 21, 2014, 08:20 PM
Nice guns, good luck

FitGunner
January 21, 2014, 09:26 PM
That was a great deal. The SR series are great guns. I am most accurate with the SR9c. Great sights and trigger. Good reset too. Very reliable for no matter what I feed it. I could do without all of the safety features...

Congrats and enjoy the pistol.

BSA1
January 21, 2014, 10:39 PM
About a year ago I had rotator cuff surgery which meant all of my shooting had to be weak hand which stinks. My daughter had brought a new SR9c about that so I shot it weak handed while my shoulder healed up.

Not only was the darn thing reliable but I could also keep all of my shots in the black on a bullseye target weak handed no less...and my daughter shoots in very well.

bhhacker
January 21, 2014, 11:25 PM
Funny you should mention that BSA1. I have an injured right shoulder right now (mixed martial arts) and had to shoot my sr9c with my left and was able to do pretty well.

bannockburn
January 22, 2014, 11:44 AM
Was at the range a while back when the guy next to me asked me to try shooting his new SR9c. He was having trouble getting any kind of groups and wanted to know if it was him or the gun. I loaded up 5 rounds and put them all in the black at around 35 feet. That sold me on the gun and after trying out several other compact 9mm.s I went with the SR9c.

fanchisimo
January 22, 2014, 01:51 PM
I will echo what everyone has said, it is a great feeling/shooting pistol and is my CC pistol.

e3mrk
January 22, 2014, 11:11 PM
I traded a Ruger LC-9 for a SR-9 and I think it was a good trade for Me.
Before I couldn't get a decent group but now I'm actually hitting the Bulls Eye.
The Gun just feels right in My Hand.

kbbailey
January 22, 2014, 11:59 PM
My oldest son has an sr9c. Everyone that shoots it likes it. A family friend traded bis keltec for one after shooting my son's sr9.

justice06rr
January 23, 2014, 02:03 AM
Congrats.

I have a SR9c duo-tone also and its a great pistol. It has always been on my list of CCW's and I'm glad I finally have it. I've owned M&P's, Glocks, XD's, Taurus, and Keltec's. The SR9c is on the top 3 favorite pistols.

The recoil spring is rather stiff esp when it is new. Just build up your hand stregth. I don't have an issue with it, but then again I work out :D

torchroadster
January 23, 2014, 09:07 PM
I really like mine. It's my carry gun. For a lefty it's a great choice.

Fishbed77
January 24, 2014, 10:56 AM
My brother has a full-size SR9 (with the never trigger design). It's a good pistol. It's well made (aside from some sloppy mold lines in the polymer), has great standard sights, and is very reliable.

I certainly wouldn't say it has a "heck of a nice trigger," though. While the feel is better than a stock Glock or M&P, the Walther P99AS and PPQ still rule the roost as far as striker-fired triggers go.

If you enjoyed reading about "Just traded for an sr9c and wow it is nice!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!