.45 Super shooters or hunters

PDA

wildchild2010
January 22, 2014, 12:28 PM
Anyone shoot or hunt with the .45Super, if so how ya like it.

If you enjoyed reading about ".45 Super shooters or hunters" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Riomouse911
January 22, 2014, 01:14 PM
I have a Springfield V-16. I like the gun and the cartridge; it hits steel with more whack than a .45 +p load, and is very easy on the hand/wrist when it recoils. All in all a neat set up IMHO.

$$ for ammo (if it can be found), but reloading it is easy.

My only gripe is the V-16's long recoil spring guide is a real PITA to put together when cleaning the gun, with the stiff spring it takes 3 hands.

SDGlock23
January 22, 2014, 02:26 PM
I was hoping to get to use the .45 Super this year but I didn't get the chance. Quite a few choices I could have used as far as bullet, but a few that shot very well from my G21 was a 250gr Hornady XTP loaded up to about 1,275 fps or a 255gr WFNPB hardcast which was doing about 1,200. The XTP load shot well, and could have driven the 255gr faster but around 1,200 fps was where I found the best accuracy for me.

If you enjoyed reading about ".45 Super shooters or hunters" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!