Ammo question

PDA

alfon99
January 22, 2014, 10:13 PM
There is spanish ammo that says shot size 3B. Another says it's 00 size, but it says (BB). What does BB mean? and what shot size is 3B.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ammo question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BlueSmoke14
January 22, 2014, 10:21 PM
I believe 3B is #3 buck shot

oneounceload
January 22, 2014, 10:49 PM
BB (ball bearing)

http://www.shotgunworld.com/shot_sizes.jpg

BigBore44
January 22, 2014, 10:57 PM
^^oneounceload's chart is the same as the one I have. Is it steel shot or lead?

alfon99
January 22, 2014, 11:51 PM
It's lead but copper plated. I don't understand why it says 00 (BB) and not just 00 or BB.

PabloJ
January 23, 2014, 10:54 AM
The table provided gives hint how to determine what one has. The key is to have pellet diameter
in millimeters from box or through measurement and to compare it to corresponding number or letter designation from the table. Dual marking often appears because there are different designations for same size shot in different countries. For example 00 in USA is SG in England.

artee
January 23, 2014, 02:22 PM
Ding Ding. Pablo has the answer. North America has different shot sizes from the UK which has different sizes from Europe. Or, different names for the same measured sizes at least. Also, there's a couple skips over some common sizes in one 'region' compared to elsewhere.

There's some great Size charts on a British 410 shotgun site. Google 410 shotgun and pick the UK url's.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ammo question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!