Spiced shotgun pellets

PDA

Ranger Roberts
January 23, 2014, 01:01 PM
Just when you thought you've seen it all! There are now shotgun shells loaded with spices. The spices, which are encased in an edible pellet, is used in place of standard birdshot. Here's the article and a brief summary.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home/season-dinner-shotgun/

Season Shot is pretty much exactly what it sounds like – shotgun ammo that’s loaded with high-density spice balls instead of steel pellets. These tightly-packed seasoning BBs are bound inside of an edible casing, and supposedly just as lethal as regular birdshot. The idea is that you actually shoot down live game with these badboys, and since the pellets are completely edible and will melt into the meat as you cook it, you don’t have to go through all the trouble of dissecting your kill to pull out the steel bits.

So what do you guys think? Would you use them?

If you enjoyed reading about "Spiced shotgun pellets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Patocazador
January 23, 2014, 02:01 PM
No one.

d2wing
January 23, 2014, 02:28 PM
Just hmmm. That does sound appealing to and old guy that hates biting steel pellets. But I am not sure they will take down a late season pheasant at 30 yards.

Ranger Roberts
January 23, 2014, 03:02 PM
Just hmmm. That does sound appealing to and old guy that hates biting steel pellets. But I am not sure they will take down a late season pheasant at 30 yards.

I feel the same way. I hate biting steel shot but I can't imagine these to have much take down power. In the article they didn't really say what he tested it on either, he could have been shooting doves for all we know. I can't imagine it taking down a 25 pound Gobbler.

Loyalist Dave
January 23, 2014, 03:10 PM
Yeah, old news..., been around for a while. Not catching on. You can see in the bird where the feathers went in with the shot and remove the shot. No need to use spiced pellets.

LD

vincyr
January 23, 2014, 03:10 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mad8a4hnAK1r6aoq4o1_250.gif

MCgunner
January 23, 2014, 05:47 PM
I just eat my birds delicately.

Dr. Sandman
January 23, 2014, 10:15 PM
Sounds like a winner for rabbit.

Dr. Sandman
January 23, 2014, 10:20 PM
I am totally buying some when it comes out!

caribou
January 23, 2014, 10:52 PM
I'll stick with Rock salt :D

LRShooting
January 24, 2014, 01:07 AM
Wife: You want me to season that meat for ya?
Hunter: Nah, I did that while it was still flying.......

Captcurt
January 24, 2014, 11:42 AM
I have not heard of this before but I thought of selling hollow point rifle bullets full of salt so the meat wouldn't spoil. I came up with this idea when I saw how many people shoot game past 600 yards.:D

Bwana John
January 24, 2014, 12:10 PM
If the pellets have a Specific Gravity >10 I would use them.

If you enjoyed reading about "Spiced shotgun pellets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!