Wrong house

PDA

JJHACK
January 24, 2014, 08:50 PM
This might be the coolest engraving ever

http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/500/image9.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Wrong house" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mike1234567
January 24, 2014, 09:10 PM
:D

oneounceload
January 24, 2014, 09:16 PM
That's neat. I also like the one on the Net with a Glock that says "Smile, wait for flash"

Twiki357
January 24, 2014, 11:57 PM
Yup, we need a "Like" button. :)

TennJed
January 25, 2014, 02:02 AM
I am 99.9% sure that is not real. Photoshop.

Hate to be that guy, but it looks soooooooo fake

ArchAngelCD
January 25, 2014, 04:29 AM
I am 99.9% sure that is not real. Photoshop.

Hate to be that guy, but it looks soooooooo fake
It may or may not be fake but it's still funny as all heck! :neener:

Mike1234567
January 25, 2014, 09:54 AM
It's definitely fake but I like it anyway. :)

45lcshooter
January 25, 2014, 10:03 AM
That is awesome!!!!

JJHACK
January 25, 2014, 10:23 AM
It's not at all fake, I've seem more then one, I have custom engraving on my revolvers too. How about this one,
http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/500/medium/image10.jpg

bannockburn
January 25, 2014, 11:32 AM
Goes perfectly with your .577 Nitro Express with the muzzle engraved with:

"Broke into the wrong gol' darn rec room didn't you ya bastard".

Jaymo
January 25, 2014, 12:54 PM
Funny.
I'd hate to use a gun with that on the muzzle, and have it come up in court.

ThorinNNY
January 25, 2014, 12:58 PM
My favorite sign reads:

Never mind the DOG, Beware of the Owner!

Jaymo
January 25, 2014, 01:15 PM
In the early 1990s, I had a tee shirt that said "Don't call 911. Use 1911."

TennJed
January 25, 2014, 01:17 PM
It's not at all fake, I've seem more then one, I have custom engraving on my revolvers too. How about this one,
http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/500/medium/image10.jpg

Some deffinately exist, I am pretty sure the one in the OP is a PhotoShop

SconnieGirl
January 25, 2014, 01:25 PM
Yeah, awesome, let us trivialize shooting a human being with little quips like "Smile. Wait for flash."

Think about it what it actually means and decide if that is how you really feel.

I saw way too much death and joking about it while I was in the army to ever find quips about it the least bit humorous. And no, my love for humanity never kept me from performing what tasks needed to be done. Pragmatic humanism, but still humanism.

Might be one of my top 5 pet peeves. Rant over.

Mike1234567
January 25, 2014, 01:34 PM
^^^ You have a valid point but... boys will be boys.

Starter52
January 25, 2014, 01:58 PM
Fake or real, I still laughed. Thanks, JJHACK.

JJHACK
January 25, 2014, 02:14 PM
I seem to recall plenty of Air Force humor stenciled on fighter jets and bombs

Must be a different personality type between branches of military.

I've no problem to end a threat, no guilt, no lost sleep, I could eat a slice of cake right after.

There are bad people that should be judged by someone far higher then us. If they make bad decisions it's best that meeting be arranged quickly. Whether in the military as part of your responsibility, in a parking garage while Christmas shopping, or in your home at 2am

Anyone that owns a firearm for self protection better get a grip on this right away. Else you hesitate and lose

Stevel
January 25, 2014, 02:14 PM
oops.

pezo
January 25, 2014, 02:18 PM
Imagine if George zimmerman had that on his weapon. Clever sayings for the internet but the "tough guy" attitude can back fire. Not a party pooper but just saying.

19-3Ben
January 25, 2014, 02:26 PM
I seem to recall plenty of Air Force humor stenciled on fighter jets and bombs

Must be a different personality type between branches of military.

I've no problem to end a threat, no guilt, no lost sleep, I could eat a slice of cake right after.

There are bad people that should be judged by someone far higher then us. If they make bad decisions it's best that meeting be arranged quickly. Whether in the military as part of your responsibility, in a parking garage while Christmas shopping, or in your home at 2am

Anyone that owns a firearm for self protection better get a grip on this right away. Else you hesitate and lose

You're creating a false dichotomy. Sconnie is (very rightfully) saying that making light of having to kill someone is wrong. It's true. We don't joke about that. That's why it's called the gravest extreme.
You are saying that one should not hesitate and one should be ready to do his/her part to defend him/herself. You are also correct.

But being ready to unhesitatingly take a life does not mean we need to make light of it with silly internet quips and memes. You can both be correct on this.

BSA1
January 25, 2014, 02:54 PM
You're creating a false dichotomy. Sconnie is (very rightfully) saying that making light of having to kill someone is wrong.

Spend over 20 years in prison with felons everyday then see if you come back with that opinion.

TennJed
January 25, 2014, 04:37 PM
You're creating a false dichotomy. Sconnie is (very rightfully) saying that making light of having to kill someone is wrong.

Spend over 20 years in prison with felons everyday then see if you come back with that opinion.

so you find killing people funny? As a Christian I do not think I could ever find joy and humor in taking another life

KUSA
January 25, 2014, 04:59 PM
As a Christian I do not think I could ever find joy and humor in taking another life
Ironic considering the nature of
Yahweh.

JJHACK
January 25, 2014, 05:09 PM
Live in South Africa for a while and see how people are butchered in their beds while they sleep women children defensless elderly people.

There is an element of upright walking species that have no concern for human life, no more then picking an apple off a tree and seeing that apple die!

It's crystal clear to me that those who seem to have this guilt or worry, have never lived in a position of kill or be killed. In civilized society you live your whole life with unicorns butterflies and rainbows. The whole world is not like that.. Once you leave civilized and safe American neighborhoods and venture into the bad places it's no longer a position of what should I do, it's a matter of being judged or buried

As far as if Zimmerman had that on his gun. The upper engraving does not aptly apply. If you shot somebody at 2am in your living room as a threat what would it matter? There are countless aggressive sayings tattooed on millions of people. I have never once heard of any decision based on the crazy tattoos people have.

The second engraving would have been very likely media hoopla for sure!

TennJed
January 25, 2014, 05:37 PM
Live in South Africa for a while and see how people are butchered in their beds while they sleep women children defensless elderly people.

There is an element of upright walking species that have no concern for human life, no more then picking an apple off a tree and seeing that apple die!

It's crystal clear to me that those who seem to have this guilt or worry, have never lived in a position of kill or be killed. In civilized society you live your whole life with unicorns butterflies and rainbows. The whole world is not like that.. Once you leave civilized and safe American neighborhoods and venture into the bad places it's no longer a position of what should I do, it's a matter of being judged or buried

As far as if Zimmerman had that on his gun. The upper engraving does not aptly apply. If you shot somebody at 2am in your living room as a threat what would it matter? There are countless aggressive sayings tattooed on millions of people. I have never once heard of any decision based on the crazy tattoos people have.

The second engraving would have been very likely media hoopla for sure!

so you justify making light of killing and by saying bad guys have no concern for human life. Kinda goes together doesn't it? I agee some people are below human and need to be removed from earth, but one of the things that differentiate the good from evil is having concern and regard for human life.

Being able to take a life without guilt is fine and appropriate. Finding humor and joy in it, puts one a little to close to the bad guys with zero regard

SharpsDressedMan
January 25, 2014, 05:54 PM
Many people underestimate a jury (although it is unwise to OVERESTIMATE one), but admitting that you HATE burglars, rapists, and murderers, and don't mind if they die after being shot might just ENDEAR you to the jury. After painting you as a "terrible person" for being opinionated, the jury might just admire you for being honest with them, SYMPATHIZE with the home defender, and genuinely decide a case of self defense or home defense solely on the merits of whether it was NECESSARY to shoot an intruder. The gun muzzle might make them laugh, or cause them to LIKE the owner of the gun. You just never know.

dickydalton
January 25, 2014, 06:36 PM
Excellent!!

Lost Sheep
January 25, 2014, 07:45 PM
This might be the coolest engraving ever

http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/500/image9.jpg
It's backwards. Should be mirror image, so that it will leave a readable impression on the forehead once it is pressed there for long enough.

460Kodiak
January 26, 2014, 12:45 AM
Not for me thank you. Guess I'm too serious.

35 Whelen
January 26, 2014, 05:44 AM
OK...let's all grow up a little and take our feelings off our shoulders. No one said anything about killing anyone. No one's making light of killing anyone. The images displayed on the muzzles of the firearms are intended to be a humorous way of telling a trespasser or some other ne'er do well "You messed up".

That said, my absolute favorite, which wasn't on a firearm, was on the gate to the yard of a ranch house in a rural area of west Texas. It said simply "We don't dial 911". :D

Knowing the lady that owns the ranch, I have no doubt she'd reach for a gun instead a phone!

35W

Ash
January 26, 2014, 06:05 AM
I think that makes a great poster. Putting on an actual handgun is silly.

However, taking a life should never be taken lightly nor made light of. I don't make light of any duck or deer I have killed either. Am I too serious? Nah, killing is a part of life. A man kills for many reasons. He shouldn't make it a joke.

In war it becomes a joke for exactly that reason. There are a few, a sick few, who really get off killing other people. But most do it because they have to. Adding a smiley face on a bomb is a way of detachment, of taking away the deadly act that is about to happen. In short, it is a way of not thinking about the death and misery that is about to be unleashed out of necessity. You give the enemy goofy names (often mistaken as racist but they aren't) such as Charlie, Kraut, Fritz, etc to dehumanize them so that killing them is not on the same level as killing people. It is done because most men do not murder nor do they relish in the taking of another person. When eye to eye, it is hard to kill unless in danger that the other is trying to kill you. A man with an AK pointed at you fails in the moment to be a man and becomes a threat to survival. You kill him for that reason. Take the gun away and he is merely standing on the street buying some food with no hidden bombs then he becomes simply a man.

If a man has enough time to read what is on the end of the barrel of your pistol can you pull the trigger?

Al Thompson
January 26, 2014, 08:59 AM
Well, this one went off the tracks right quick. I think Ash summed it up nicely and I'll put this one to bed. ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Wrong house" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!