.22lr/410 double

PDA

hso
January 28, 2014, 10:24 PM
Here are some crummy phone pics of a lovely little OU 22lr/410. There are no markings under the wood or on the exposed metal.

It has an interesting lever to break open the action and an odd selector on the side.

I know it is a long shot without any markings, but if anyone could provide a good guess it would help satisfy the curiosity.

If you enjoyed reading about ".22lr/410 double" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SDC
January 29, 2014, 12:20 PM
It certainly looks interesting, and there are a few things that look close to it in the Alfa and WUM catalogs; my guess without markings would be a Francotte boy's gun, but these should definitely have Belgian proofs on the chambers or water-table.

hso
January 29, 2014, 12:24 PM
I would have thought something would be on the water table, but, sadly, no.

Jim K
January 29, 2014, 01:49 PM
How about the bottom of the barrel block? A total absence of proof marks might indicate American production, but that gun certainly looks European.

Jim

blarby
January 29, 2014, 10:00 PM
Ok- weird check

Is there a proof mark on the barrel lock tang ?

I have an old double from my grandad marked right on the lock tang.

I wish I could help more, thats a neat piece !

If you enjoyed reading about ".22lr/410 double" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!