Thrilled to see the new forum here..

PDA

MedWheeler
January 29, 2014, 10:26 AM
Been really needing to get back into air guns, what with the situation going on with cartridge ammo and shortages of places to shoot.

Gonna be coming back with my old Gamo "survival rifle", purchased back around 1986, and my old Crosman 1377, also from around that year. That one has a then-option shoulder stock, which is pretty cool, too.

Been eying the Gamo PT-85 pistol, available at both my local BPS and WM. Might be a good trainer for my Ruger P95. But, I see it's $97 at PyramidAir, and it's been marked at $129 at the BPS. At WM, it's $68, so I guess I'd better grab one before they figure out what it can be marked up to!

If you enjoyed reading about "Thrilled to see the new forum here.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mf-dif
February 9, 2014, 08:52 PM
Glad to see this forum here too. I got into airguns last year when ammo was scarce. I have to say they do an excellent job of keeping your shot skills up when you can't make it out and down right satisfying in their own right.

Ditchtiger
February 11, 2014, 09:42 PM
Got serious with my first Beeman 25 years ago.
Did the faster is better thing until I learned better.
.177's are cheaper,move faster, but hit lighter.
I wish I had discovered .22's sooner.
They hit a lot harder.

DJW
February 17, 2014, 11:10 PM
Also glad to see this added to THR. Found a Crosman 1377 at local Academy and ammo is not only affordable but available! The other nice thing is that I set it up on my back porch and avoid the 25 mile trip to the range. We have a great range and I have many buddies there but it is a 50 mile round trip and traffic has gotten really bad in the last while here. I guess all of california has discovered our little town and that makes for a long ride.
It is also nice to be able to keep my trigger control and sight alignment skill relatively intact w/out burning up ammo that is very difficult to replace. Powder is almost non-existent and primers have shot up in price as well. This air gun gives me an alternative.
Nice to see other guys are enjoying our hobby in this way. These "toys" are fun even for a grown man!

If you enjoyed reading about "Thrilled to see the new forum here.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!