Shortest Dry Ear-Safe 9mm supressor?

PDA

Arizona_Mike
February 6, 2014, 03:43 PM
I can use my super-long Ti-Rant 45 for sub caliber use but I am looking for the shortest 9mm suppressor for carbine and SMG use that I can find. One with a detachable external Neilsen device would be even better since it adds unneeded length.

Mike

If you enjoyed reading about "Shortest Dry Ear-Safe 9mm supressor?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wally
February 11, 2014, 10:11 AM
The only ones significantly shorter than my GemTech Multimount that I'm aware of is the Thompson Machine Posiden, but its a wipe based design and probably won't take a recoil booster. Not sure its rated for full auto either.

Use the Email posted on their website, were very good about answering questions before I ordered my ISIS-2 (but still waiting :( )

Telekinesis
February 11, 2014, 11:16 AM
I have a Poseidon and its short but it's probably not what you're looking for. It's light enough that you don't need a booster on a pistol, but it is not FA rated. It's a wet/wiped design and in my experience starts to get loud after about 20 rounds.

However it's a lot of fun on a pistol. Not full size can quiet even with new water and wipes (but then again it's only 4" long), but it's great if you're looking for a micro suppressor that's hearing safe for a mag or two. After the wipe's gone its not comfortable but it's bearable. Definitely better than an unsuppressed 9mm.

And TM has excellent service. I've contacted them a few times with questions and they've always gotten back to me quickly.

hentown
February 17, 2014, 08:31 AM
Check out the Guardian 9.

SharpsDressedMan
February 18, 2014, 05:32 PM
This isn't most people's idea of a practical 9mm suppressor, but my out-of-production AAC Scorpion, a wet can 4in long and 1in dia. can be used dry, and it takes just enough of the blast off to be bearable. Wet, it is good for 4-8 shots. It is a special purpose can, but very nice for home defense, as it is short, light, and I can see the sights. It also works on any gun that can be fitted with a threaded barrel, as it's light weight doesn't impede function. http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/matquig/DSC06249.jpg (http://s106.photobucket.com/user/matquig/media/DSC06249.jpg.html)

If you enjoyed reading about "Shortest Dry Ear-Safe 9mm supressor?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!