Hollow Point Services

PDA

rodwha
February 9, 2014, 01:26 PM
I thought I had read that Hollow Point Mold modified and could fit reversible pins so that it could be converted back to a FN design. Having emailed him again he says that he does not offer that service.

Does anyone know of a company who does such?

If you enjoyed reading about "Hollow Point Services" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rodwha
February 9, 2014, 01:35 PM
This is the bullet I'd certainly want to hollow point, and I've considered that, being fairly short, I'd want a somewhat shallow cavity. Maybe 1/3 it's length? And being shallow I'd want steep angles.

This is a cap n ball bullet that would be cast with pure lead. That being the case I'd think I'd also want fairly thick walls to the cavity opening since it will have a ram seating it into the chamber.

Thoughts?

AbitNutz
February 9, 2014, 07:50 PM
NOE may but he doesn't do custom molds unless you buy more than a couple. I had the same concerns about my mold design....So I intend to buy a 4 cavity mold but only have two of the cavities converted to hollow points.

On the other hand, Accurate Molds are so reasonably priced that having two, one converted by Hollow Point Mold Service and the other solid, won't break the bank.

Using a loader with an HP mold is a joy. I had Erik make a loader brass jag for my Tower of Power that fits the HP cavity. With the bullets rebated base and the profiled jag...it is impossible to misalign a bullet when loading a cylinder. They load perfectly every time. Coupled with the ram stop I added...every bullet loads perfectly straight and undamaged to the exact depth, every time.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hollow Point Services" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!