Springfield Model 511 20 guage double

PDA

BryanRalph
February 9, 2014, 08:21 PM
Can anyone direct me to a site that would provide a manual for this side by side shotgun? I would like to do a cleaning, yet am not sure of taking the barrels off. I think getting the unit back together would be a problem and I am trying to determine if taking the gun to the shop would be a better option. However, I would still like to find a manual

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield Model 511 20 guage double" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kp321
February 10, 2014, 06:31 PM
There are numerous sources for scanned copies of obsolete gun manuals but there are no tricks to taking the barrels off of a 511. With the barrels closed, pull the fore end down from the front, open the barrels and lift them off. The only trick to reassembly is to get the fore end retainer spring in the notch on the barrel lug before snapping it back on.

BryanRalph
February 15, 2014, 10:53 AM
The model 511 requires you to take out a screw and then you find a spring loaded pin that holds the barrels to the action. I could remove the pin, but am concerned about getting the spring and pin back into place.

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield Model 511 20 guage double" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!