Where can I get 9mm 1911 mags

PDA

goon
April 1, 2004, 12:40 AM
I am currently trying like hell to get my brother's Springfield 9mm 1911 off of him. If I should be successful, where can I find mags that will fit it?
I know that Springfield makes them but I would like to be aware of any other options as well.
Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where can I get 9mm 1911 mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
faustulus
April 1, 2004, 01:49 AM
Brownells (http://www.brownells.com/) is a good place to start. .38 Super mags ususally work for 9mm (especially if you reload and load those nines a bit longer). Some makers have a metal stripp welded down the spine of the mag to keep the rounds from shifting in the mag. I am sure others will have more places to check, a quick google will probably net you ten or 15 good sites.

cratz2
April 1, 2004, 03:54 AM
Metalform makes most of Springfields 1911 mags including their 9mm mags.

www.metalformmagazines.com

And while 9mm will often feed out of 38 Super mags in race games and esp if loaded longer than normal, I'd suggest using 9mm mags to carry 9mm if there is any chance you will actually be using the gun to defend yourself. A lot of guys swear by Wilson mags and they've never built 9x19 mags to my knowledge... at least they aren't widely available. For those guys, Wilson 38 Super mags with the spacer is an very viable alternative.

1911Tuner
April 1, 2004, 05:14 AM
Search for Metalform on the net. Call the number, and punch "4"
on your touch-tone when the options menu starts. Ask for Ginny.
She is knowledgeable, professional and a delight to talk to. She will
also have your magazines out the door same day if you call before 2
P.M. eastern time.

Group buys in lots of 50 or more are the best way to buy direct from
Metalform. They'll mix and match styles, materials, and calibers.

Luck!

Tuner

Walt Sherrill
April 1, 2004, 07:12 AM
CDNN has Mec-Gar 9mm 1911 mags at a reasonable price. The ones I bought have been pretty good.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com

SapperLeader
April 1, 2004, 07:24 AM
Also check out gunbroker, Ive seen a lot of deals on there for 9mm 1911 mags, and picked up three mecgar blued magazines for 18 dollars with shipping total. I then have 2 stainless mecgar and a stainless colt magazine that I use when Im carrying the gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where can I get 9mm 1911 mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!