Dragoon Shooting

PDA

mec
February 13, 2014, 12:12 PM
I loaded it with Goex FFG and .454 balls over cabelas wads. No particular surprises. Very user friendly (Uberti) revolver The huge parts make it easy to take apart and clean I shot it at 40 and fifty yards too and kept all the shots inside the 8 ring of the B27. Wasn't as pretty a group though as I anticipated a couple of shots.
http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=194881&stc=1&d=1392311472

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=194882&stc=1&d=1392311466

If you enjoyed reading about "Dragoon Shooting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Crawdad1
February 13, 2014, 12:42 PM
Good shooting Mec!! That big ole Dragoon loves those big ole loads!!!

toolslinger
February 13, 2014, 01:10 PM
Nice shooting! Love my 3rd Dragoon. Like that duster too.

45 Dragoon
February 13, 2014, 02:09 PM
Me too slinger!! Not a 3rd but I got 2 firstiz!!!!

45 Dragoon

mec
February 13, 2014, 02:25 PM
It was the favorite of the legendary and possibly real Joachim Murietta. Charlene Parkhurst used one to kill two guys who tried to rob her freight wagon. She was the first woman to vote in California only everybody, even her long-term partner, thought she was a man. Likely it was the very big revolver Hariette Tubman used too.

45 Dragoon
February 13, 2014, 04:18 PM
The 3rd was Sam Colts fav as well.

Lightning12
February 13, 2014, 06:24 PM
How close was it shooting to point of aim? Did you have to adjust your aim with Kentucky windage?

Chaz

mec
February 13, 2014, 06:59 PM
the high hit at one-o'clock was with a center hold. the rest were with a hold slighly low and left of center. I don't remember exactly what the point of aim has been with this revolver- only that it is fairly easy to mess around and get center hits. Early on, I had opened up the hammer notch rear sight but didn't bias it for windage as far as I can tell. Likely if I got serious, I would align the front sight somewhat lower in the rear notch.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dragoon Shooting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!