Knife Modification?

PDA

rhtwist
February 14, 2014, 09:02 AM
Hello,
I am enamored with the Kershaw Blurs. Have two. One for use and a more expensive version as a backup. This is just personal opinion so I am not disparaging anything or anyone's choices or designs. I just personally feel that a blur with an Axis like lock instead of the liner lock would be close to my idea of perfection FWIW.
Do any knifesmiths do conversion? Is it even possible?
Thanks for any opinions!
rhtwist

If you enjoyed reading about "Knife Modification?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sam Cade
February 14, 2014, 11:08 AM
I just personally feel that a blur with an Axis like lock instead of the liner lock would be close to my idea of perfection FWIW

I think your best option would be determine what specific things about the Blur you like and then buy whichever Benchmade Axis Lock tickles your fancy.

Do any knifesmiths do conversion? Is it even possible?

Nope on both counts.

rcmodel
February 14, 2014, 12:11 PM
+1

The Axis-Lock is patented by Benchmade so you don't see anyone else doing it much.

Here are some Benchmades to consider.

http://www.benchmade.com/products/product_list.aspx?lock=axis-assist

rc

rhtwist
February 14, 2014, 03:01 PM
I think your best option would be determine what specific things about the Blur you like and then buy whichever Benchmade Axis Lock tickles your fancy.

Nope on both counts.
Howdy and thanks! I like the Blur as it is enough. Ah well!!

Regards,
rhtwist

rhtwist
February 14, 2014, 03:04 PM
+1

The Axis-Lock is pantented by Benchmade so you won't be seeing anyone else doing it.

Here are some Benchmades to consider.

http://www.benchmade.com/products/product_list.aspx?lock=axis-assist

rc
Thank you rcmodel. Haven't seen anything quite like it. But it is fun to look, so will follow the link!

Best,
rhtwist

If you enjoyed reading about "Knife Modification?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!