Firearms & Ammo Security-Survivor Burial Vaults

PDA

Gun Master
February 17, 2014, 02:50 PM
I've seen survivor burial vaults in CTD, and others advertising gun, ammo, food, valuables, etc. protection.

I wonder:
1. How good are they in doing the job?
2. How deep do they need to be buried?
3. Can metal detectors locate the vault and contents, if buried at a certain depth?

The vaults I've noticed were constructed of plastic.

Any info will be appreciated.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Firearms & Ammo Security-Survivor Burial Vaults" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gun Master
March 19, 2014, 07:54 PM
Anybody have comments ?

rcmodel
March 19, 2014, 08:47 PM
Yes, they probably work.

You would have to bury them with a back-hoe to keep a person with a modern metal detector from finding them if they wanted too.

I see these things serving three good purposes.

1. Make you feel good while you are young enough to remember where you buried them.
2. Make the companies who are selling them rich now.
3. Make future 'treasure hunters' rich, or famous 75 years from now after you forgot, and are dead & gone.

rc

Gun Master
March 19, 2014, 09:27 PM
Yes, they probably work.

You would have to burry them with a back-hoe to keep a person with a modern metal detector from finding them if they wanted too.

I see these things serving three good purposes.

1. Make you feel good while you are young enough to remember where you buried them.
2. Make the companies who are selling them rich now.
3. Make future 'treasure hunters' rich, or famous 75 years from now after you forgot, and are dead & gone.

rc
Rock on rc ! Truth is truth.:)

oneounceload
March 20, 2014, 08:06 AM
Make one yourself - go to your local biog box hardware store and get a piece of large diameter PVC pipe. Glue end cap on, fill with stuff and some type of air drying item, cap other end and bury.
And then, as RC said, hope you remember where you put it

hartcreek
March 20, 2014, 08:17 AM
I can only see them used if you have a bug out place to go out in the woods some place. Problem is what rifle are you going to put in one that is a battle rifle yet inexpensive. If one planned this a decade ago then it would not seem expensive to stash a SKS and a few thousand rounds in a spam cans in one but now.....maybe a Mosin or a Mossberg 500. I still have a couple casches out in the wilderness where I used to hunt twenty years ago. Back then I used camlock steel ammo cans and dug the holes in dry places so I know the cans should still be solid.

Gun Master
March 20, 2014, 07:25 PM
I can only see them used if you have a bug out place to go out in the woods some place. Problem is what rifle are you going to put in one that is a battle rifle yet inexpensive. If one planned this a decade ago then it would not seem expensive to stash a SKS and a few thousand rounds in a spam cans in one but now.....maybe a Mosin or a Mossberg 500. I still have a couple casches out in the wilderness where I used to hunt twenty years ago. Back then I used camlock steel ammo cans and dug the holes in dry places so I know the cans should still be solid.
Go check 'em now bro. They may have gone bad. Also, you never know when your memory may fail, and I believe you should have a back up plan & / or person, in that case.

It's up to you, while it still "is" up to you.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Firearms & Ammo Security-Survivor Burial Vaults" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!