Moly lube - internals?

PDA

shadow9
February 18, 2014, 06:53 PM
Wondering if anyone has used the spray-on Moly lube on their Revolver internals, and what any long term dangers may apply?

I know most people use lube/grease (depending on surfaces), but the dry-moly spray AFAIK protects the surface from griding, and smoothes it up incredibly. I would think it could improve trigger feel and speed.

Likewise, would the increased velocity of the hand/less friction on the cylinder yolk cause more "abuse" to the bolt/cylinder stop? Would the Moly degrade over time, or cause rust issues?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Moly lube - internals?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Coltdriver
February 18, 2014, 08:38 PM
Go google sprinco.

I have used moly disulfide on internals for years. It absolutely slicks things up.

I had a Browning HP with the mag disconnect and it was smooth as glass. I treated a Ruger GP 100 and got the same smooth as glass result.

One small bottle will last a long time.

If you enjoyed reading about "Moly lube - internals?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!