What pocket holster do you use?

PDA

improperlyaged
February 19, 2014, 05:07 AM
I just got my TCP out of layaway and I am currently using a BLACKHAWK 03 that I have altered a little (a few snips here, a little sewing there) and it works okay. Currently looking into getting a nemesis to see if it works out. But what holster do you use for pocket carry? And what gun do you keep in it?

If you enjoyed reading about "What pocket holster do you use?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
postalnut25
February 19, 2014, 05:53 AM
I use a Blackhawk pocket holster, and I carry a J-frame in it. Seems to work just fine.

I don't pocket carry an autoloader, since my 1911 is a little too big for any pants pocket.

C0untZer0
February 19, 2014, 06:36 AM
The DeSantis Nemesis works fine for mw.

perpster
February 19, 2014, 07:05 AM
Mika pocket holster, made to order for your gun.

usp9
February 19, 2014, 07:29 AM
I have used a Hedley holster for many years. Excellent quality.
http://hedleyholsters.com/
Seen with my "daily carry" edged weapon.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ripley16/zz.jpg (http://s72.photobucket.com/user/ripley16/media/zz.jpg.html)

decoy562
February 19, 2014, 07:35 AM
Cheap Uncle Mikes for my LCP.

GBExpat
February 19, 2014, 08:04 AM
For years I have used the DeSantis Nemesis for my PF9 so last summer I got one for my new XDs45. I also have one for my Star PDs.

For my P3AT I use a modded (for spare mag carry) Uncle Mikes Size 1.

JT-AR-MG42
February 19, 2014, 08:26 AM
Have always used the Ted Blocker line of both pocket - TPH - and WB concealment holsters.

Could not be more pleased with their quality.

JT

bannockburn
February 19, 2014, 08:43 AM
DeSantis Nemesis.

jrdolall
February 19, 2014, 09:27 AM
For pocket carry with the small .380's I just us a cheap nylon Uncle Mike's. Like many gun owners I am holster poor.

GBExpat
February 19, 2014, 11:25 AM
Here is a pic of my P3AT in the Uncle Mike's:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/Jungesblut/Stuff/P3AT.jpg

megatronrules
February 19, 2014, 12:17 PM
I use a Ken Null holster horsehide pocket holster. Best pocket holster I've ever used. I carry a S&W 640-1. 357 in it daily.

heeler
February 19, 2014, 03:19 PM
I use a RKBA leather holster for my LCP and a High Noon leather pocket holster as well as another RKBA on my PM9.

Skribs
February 19, 2014, 07:15 PM
DeSantis Nemesis for me.

AKElroy
February 19, 2014, 08:38 PM
DeSantis Nemesis for me.

Me too. I snapped this shot just now after cleaning out my pockets for the day.

Combatcomm
February 19, 2014, 08:41 PM
I really like my DeSantis Nemesis.

almostfree
February 19, 2014, 09:30 PM
I alternate between a Mika pocket holster and a Raven Concealment Vanguard. I use the Mika when I have to tuck my shirt in or carry in a jacket pocket and the Vanguard when I don't. The Vanguard is basically just a trigger guard cover held on by tension and I added a 550 cord lanyard that I loop around my belt. If I draw the pistol (a Glock 26) from my pocket, the lanyard ensures that the Vanguard stays behind.

kokapelli
February 21, 2014, 09:12 AM
I use the DeSantis SuperFly for mine. The SuperFly is a significant step up from the Nemisis.

GBExpat
February 21, 2014, 11:02 AM
The SuperFly is a significant step up from the Nemisis.
It all depends upon how you use it. I back-pocket-carry my Nemesis holsters in my 501s with the grip protruding and often remove the pistol & holster as a unit. Additional exterior tackiness would not be a plus for me, possibly just the reverse.

However, if I were carrying with the combo completely enclosed in a pocket, or if I encountered difficulty with the Nemesis holster remaining in my pocket during draw as I currently carry I would definitely switch to the SuperFly.

I am impressed with the quality & design of DeSantis holsters.

The Lone Haranguer
February 22, 2014, 11:10 PM
I like Mika pocket holsters. They aren't pretty to look at, but are 100% functional and do exactly what is required of a pocket holster. I carried a Kahr PM9 pretty extensively in one - the gun has since been sold, but I still have the holster somewhere - and have ordered one for a recently acquired Ruger LCP. They are made for the specific gun, or you can send him a picture of the gun with measurements, so there is no need to do any trimming. http://frontiernet.net/~akim

GDownRange
February 26, 2014, 10:21 AM
I've been testing out (unloaded) a Recluse One Sided holster for about 2 months now. The design is a bit non- traditional, but it has worked flawlessly.

I'll start carrying loaded with confidence this summer.

1John1:9
February 26, 2014, 02:01 PM
For my LCR, I had a Blackhawk #4, but wanted something nicer, so I ordered a Bianchi pocket holster. It looks real nice, shaped great and has a hook to prevent holster coming out when you draw. Only problem is that it prints kind of bad. So I went back to the Blackhawk.

For my Sig P232, I ordered a holster from Sticky Holsters (kind of like the Remora). It's actually not listed as a pocket holster because the P232 is kind of big for pocket carry. But it works nice for my larger pocket pants. I bet the Sticky Holster would be great for your TCP.

franzas
February 26, 2014, 03:46 PM
I bought a sticky holster for the coat pocket, appendix or in the boot as a BUG.
I bought the MD-1 size for my J frame. this size is meant for a small auto, but has way less bulk than the revolver size. I traced the outline of the gun and stitched it up for a custom snug fit.

riceboy72
February 27, 2014, 12:26 PM
I, too, am a fan of Mika pocket holsters. Prior to getting one, I used the DeSantis Nemesis for the 642, but I think the comfort of the Mika supercedes the Nemesis. Fantastic yet simplistic holster.

If you enjoyed reading about "What pocket holster do you use?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!