Gun Nuts, the Next Generation

PDA

El Tejon
February 5, 2003, 09:05 AM
I know it's sappy, especially in light of world events, but could not help but smile:

"Cheever [aka "Officer Eddie Haskell"], a former SWAT team member, showed protective vests, tear gas guns and a sniper rifle. That was my favorite part, said Troop 305 Boy Scout Brennan Bailey, a seventh-grader at Tecumseh. I liked seeing all the weapons, especially the machine gun [LPD uses HK54s in .40 S&W]."

Bob Scott, Seeing Public Service Up Close, Lafayette J. & Courier, February 5, 2003, at C3 (Boy Scout troops takes tour of police department in Lafayette, Indiana).

A THRer in bloom? One of us! One of us!:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Nuts, the Next Generation" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Selfdfenz
February 5, 2003, 10:15 AM
When we took our Tiger scout troop to the local PD I thought they were gona take the AR and the sniper rifle right our of the Sargents hands.
He literally had to stand in the doorway of the armory to keep them from getting around him to go in there and do their own individual "Go See Its"

Then they all had to put on the Kevlar helmets. Then the flack jackets.......etc etc. They were all so entirely, tactically cute.

I wounder if its not a Y chromosome thing.
S-

BerettaNut92
February 5, 2003, 11:32 AM
http://www.skunkabilly.com/images/me_mp5_640.JPG

Like me at the local PD's open house? Hey, I'm cute, too....

10-Ring
February 5, 2003, 11:40 AM
The youngsters are the future. It's all how you properly expose them to the world of firearms.

spacemanspiff
February 5, 2003, 12:02 PM
cool pic skunk....how old were you in that pic? judging from how the vest is falling off your lanky shoulders, i'd guess 12? :D

i'm just funning ya, seriously though, eat a few porterhouse steaks. you're making me feel like a hog.

Schuey2002
February 5, 2003, 01:43 PM
[LPD uses HK54s in .40 S&W]."
I've never heard of a "HK54 in .40 S&W":rolleyes:,I wonder where I might find one..:D

HK53 in 5.56 NATO .... yes.
HK94 in 9mm .... yes.
HK MP5 in .40S&W .... yes.
HK 54 in .40 S&W .... um, No!:evil:

BerettaNut92
February 5, 2003, 01:52 PM
I was 19

El Tejon
February 5, 2003, 01:54 PM
Schuey2002, you may hear them called "MP5s." However, as I was never in the Bundeswehr or the Dutchie KombatSchwimmeren as most members of members of SEEL Team 37.5 were (I did type like heck and answer the phone very tactically), I stick to the old Title II catalogue reference (mostly to vex Tamara).

Schuey2002
February 5, 2003, 01:55 PM
That was only about 4 years ago...:what:

Skunk, are you ever going to age.:neener:

Schuey2002
February 5, 2003, 01:58 PM
El Tejon, I'm just messing with you. It was just a joke. :evil:

El Tejon
February 5, 2003, 02:09 PM
Schuey, I know, I deserve it, no doubt!:D Just explaining to those who came in late.;)

Schuey2002
February 5, 2003, 02:15 PM
I should have included one of these...
http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Poke.gif

Gnull
February 5, 2003, 02:26 PM
Heh.. My first experience with a rifle came during scouts. 44th Mississauga.. Had a range in the Haliburton Scout reserve... got to shoot me some .22's I did...

almost 10 years ago... I hope my old troop still does it..

BigG
February 5, 2003, 02:30 PM
"you got da cutest little baby face!" :p

Gewehr98
February 6, 2003, 01:10 PM
Now I know the board is truly given over to the youngsters...

:(

BerettaNut92
February 6, 2003, 01:36 PM
Doh. Nothing on my page is working.

Soap
February 6, 2003, 03:10 PM
I think its great when people younger than I (or even my age) get into guns just because of the "cool" factor. The problem is, most of these people never see competent instruction, nor do they get a grip on reality. Maybe we should have an adopt-a-shooter program for young people who play too many video games and watch too many movies? :)

BerettaNut92
February 6, 2003, 03:14 PM
Maybe we should have an adopt-a-shooter program for young people who play too many video games and watch too many movies?

They won't be interested unless you have a Deagle or AWP ;)

No matter how much I tell them to shoot centermass, they'll always try to be cute go for headshots :rolleyes:

They end up hitting the trolleys and everyone's targets will bob up and down.

bogie
February 6, 2003, 03:31 PM
Skunksta, let me make a recommendation:

Beer & Pizza, with the occasional chocolate milkshake.

Otherwise, I'd be worried about the effects of recoil...

BerettaNut92
February 6, 2003, 04:03 PM
http://www.skunkabilly.com/images/me_gas_320.JPG

Beer & Pizza, with the occasional chocolate milkshake.

Beer = bad, pizza = cheese, milkshake = sleepy.

If you haven't noticed, I like eating light...I'm a salad, sushi and soju skunky!

El Tejon
February 6, 2003, 04:09 PM
Eat light=heart's alright!:D Plus, you can be more tactical by eating sushi and salads--turn sideways in case of incoming fire, easier to shoot and scoot with no beer vest, and black looks REALLY slimming.;)

coonan357
February 6, 2003, 05:13 PM
Actually I prefer the unemployment diet , not being able to eat more than 1 meal a day , at this rate I'll be back down to 225 in a couple of weeks !!!! hmmm coonan 6'4" @ 225 ?? need to find tatical woman .....:D

Riphalman
February 6, 2003, 05:19 PM
When I was just a little riphalman, I took my rifle training at the army reserve center just down from Five Points in Lafayette. Yes, they actually had a smallbore range in the basement and offered training to civies. Ah, those were the days. The smell of powder smoke drifting over the Wabash. Lafayette has a wonderfully active shooting community.

El Tejon
February 6, 2003, 07:05 PM
Rip, still does. In fact the SIGINT and Arty units of the Nasty Girl have great indoor ranges. Used to allow youth civilian instruction, not so sure after 9/11. Our Friends dinner just cut checks to many different junior programs here.

Good place to be if you like guns. However, when you compare it to the megacities of NYC, Chicago and LA, I shudder to think of the next generation. Are we to drown in an ocean of sheople?

:(

Riphalman
February 7, 2003, 03:50 PM
I would like to think not, Tejon. There will always be freedom loving and free-thinking Americans even in the mega-cities. However, those ideals still have their roots in rural america....in my opinion.

Wayne D
February 7, 2003, 08:42 PM
This is why we all need to support the Boy Scouts. It's the only organization for boys that has not bowed to the politically correct idiots that try to run our lives. In the scouts, kids can carry pocketknives, fish, shoot, pray and say "under God" when they pledge allegiance to the flag.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Nuts, the Next Generation" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!