A lot of Glock 42's are selling

PDA

gym
February 25, 2014, 12:24 PM
I watch Slickguns.com all day, "I just leave a window open and it beeps when a new deal comes up". Glock 42's came up for about the 4th time ,"that I saw" since yesterday. "They won't show once they sell out", I was just telling my wife I can't believe they were getting $500.00 for them when MSRP is a hundred less,. When I came back in, 5 minutes later they were gone again, they sold out even at $100 over list. That's pretty significant. I had no idea that they would be such a hit for Glock. You would think it was a 9mm.
Maybe we and other gun enthusiasts are the only ones who feel the 380 is marginal, as after reading the comment section on the website, most of the gun guys thought it was outrageous that they were charging 20% over MSRP. Several said that Glock frowns upon those who violate their pricing guidelines.
There was a Colt Govt up for $820, I almost pulled the trigger, but want a Commander, and you know what happens when you don't get what you intended, usually you end up with 2 guns, but someone here may be in the market. Also the CZ Full size 09, is tugging at me, with a 20 round mag, and a rail it would make a great bedside gun.
I try to post the really good deals for you guys when I see them, Hi points were $129, "not my cup of tea" but for those interested they are a good deal.

If you enjoyed reading about "A lot of Glock 42's are selling" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Grumulkin
February 25, 2014, 01:28 PM
I predict that after the novelty wears off the price of Glock 42s will be become more realistic.

I would agree, the 380 Auto is marginal but it's better than nothing. Actually, I think the 9mm Luger borders on marginal. My perceived advantage to the Glock 42 is that it's probably more dependable than the cheaper 380 pocket guns composed of a lot of plastic and significantly lighter than the more dependable ones. I'll be in the market once the price comes down.

Vodoun da Vinci
February 25, 2014, 02:32 PM
I put $200 on a G42 that was supposed to be delivered 3 weeks ago...my LGS had 40 coming. They got 10 and all 10 flew off the shelves in one day!! :what:

I put money on #11 thru the door and have had to be content to shoot the Owners G42 every now and then as #11 of 40 has yet to be seen. I ask 2X a week and the answer is always the same - not today. Apparently their distributor is overwhelmed with orders for them. Surprise!

VooDoo

W.E.G.
February 25, 2014, 04:30 PM
With very little effort, one can conceal a "full-size" Glock.

That there are smaller ones, I suppose is a nice touch.

To me, its kind of like a second fork at a place setting.
I don't need two forks.
Frankly, I don't need the knife or the spoon either for most meals.

Like everything else, in the end it comes down to $$$ and fashion.
Hey, if I found a bucket of gold coins under a tree in my yard, I'd probably be looking for something to spend money on too.

Meantime, I consider it a good day if I go out there, and there's still air in the tires.

PabloJ
February 25, 2014, 05:05 PM
I picked up boxed S&W 940 for kool $500 at height of AR15 craze. I think it is better gun than the G42.

rtz
February 25, 2014, 06:03 PM
Does the Glock plant run 3 shifts a day and 7 days a week? How many lines?

jimbo555
February 25, 2014, 07:24 PM
" I consider it a good day if I go out there, and there's still air in the tires." Love this! Glock 26 is not much bigger than the 42, is 9mm and holds 4 more rounds!

tarosean
February 25, 2014, 08:48 PM
Young grasshopper, you underestimate the power of the fanboy...

I wouldn't take one for free, and I own several Glocks.

ritepath
February 25, 2014, 08:49 PM
I'm thinking one of these may be a great little pistol for my wife, depending on weight, size, and how easy it is to rack the slide.

Vodoun da Vinci
February 25, 2014, 09:09 PM
Ditto...we have a G26 that I love. The G26 9mm recoil is just *that* much too much for the Wife. She pounds a target and smiles with the G42.

Wish it was 9mm but the way she shoots the G42 it wont matter if she needs to defend herself. A triple tap really fast with .380 beats one hit and the next three that miss because of recoil.

VooDoo

Vodoun da Vinci
February 25, 2014, 09:47 PM
Glock 26 is not much bigger than the 42, is 9mm and holds 4 more rounds!

Speaking as one who handles them both side by side the G26, in the hand, is a lot bigger and bulkier than a G42. Not that the G26 is a big gun, it's not and I can pocket carry it.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7375/11966725133_883d0f583c.jpg

But the size and weight difference for a shooter of smaller stature or less experience is huge especially in thickness which is where things get difficult in the concealed carry game.

VooDoo

chris in va
February 25, 2014, 10:52 PM
My friend loves Glocks and is waiting for the 9mm version.

snooperman
February 26, 2014, 07:26 AM
Yes, they are selling, but many are not happy with them according to their forum. There are cycling of ammo issues that are at the heart of this gun. Many are also complaining that the recoil spring is too stiff for this gun.

Vodoun da Vinci
February 26, 2014, 07:33 AM
I'll know more when I actually get my/our G42 but the LGS Owners pistol we have shot has been utterly reliable with all the "common" ammunition we have shoved thru it.

The variations have not been all encompassing but I'll shove the stuff I have on hand and my hand loads thru it when I get mine and then I'll know. It would not surprise me if the G42 has some teething problems like the S&W's and Springfield XD-S pistols. Seems the public is now Beta Testing new guns.

But the one I have been shooting is reliable enough with the ammunition I wanna shoot (completely reliable - zero failures) to still have me on the edge of my seat for this one. Time will tell....I'd love to see Glock Perfection right out of the gate but I'm not gonna be upset or dissuaded if it less than perfect with *every* type of ammunition anyone can conjure up to shoot in it.

As always, I'll make my own final decision. :D

VooDoo

HexHead
February 26, 2014, 08:05 AM
I've never had any Glock choke on any kind of ammo. I wouldn't expect any different from the 42 when I get mine.

heeler
February 26, 2014, 08:12 AM
I would not mind having one but I simply refuse to pay more than msrp for anything.
Period.
By the way I have read the msrp of these pistols are $475.
Most are going for over $500 on GB.

Lastly I have not heard or seen any youtube test/review that says these pistols are ammo sensitive.
If there is please direct me to it.

mburmaster
February 26, 2014, 08:49 AM
I have not had any issues and have fed it only wolf ammo about two hundred plus

Vodoun da Vinci
February 26, 2014, 09:23 AM
I'm paying $475 for mine but, again, I don't actually have the pistol in hand. I'm getting the shakes - not enough to pay "extra" to get one. I'll just wait until it gets delivered.

The LGS Owners gun we have shot, he has shot, others on staff have shot, some respected members and Range aficionados have shot, and interested parties have shot. Of the first 10 G42's in the door that sold I have talked to 3 other people that bought them and total they all have (by rough count) pushing 10K rounds thru 4 guns with common, garden variety ammunition.

Pretty scary but no one has experienced any failures. Not one. That's pretty good even though most of the ammunition is ball. I'm sure there are folks having problems - Glocks do not like to be limp wristed and I'd bet that some folks, with at least some guns, and some ammunition, in some locations, will have some problems. But I have not seen any yet and tend to think that the Glock Forum woes are mostly driven yet by Glock Fan Boyz still whining about the G42 not being a single stack 9mm.

Or maybe the G42 is junk...just not where I am. Time will tell - steady on.

VooDoo

mburmaster
February 26, 2014, 10:32 AM
Only ball ammo so far but have herd PMC but again I have had no ammo issues. My thumb got in the way of the magazine release at first but that was me.

Bush Pilot
February 26, 2014, 10:47 AM
My LGS received an order of 10 guns, I was lucky enough to pick-up the first one they sold. The only issue I had was with my reloads. I bumped the load up a bit and the gun's been functioning without a problem since. I really like this gun, it's a kick to shoot. BTW, $399.99 and the other 9 were sold by the end of the day.

bodam
February 26, 2014, 10:54 AM
My LGS sells them for $389.

I put my name on the list a couple of weeks ago...

Vodoun da Vinci
February 26, 2014, 11:19 AM
My Wife had some stove pipes with our G26 and when she started shooting the G42 I reminder her to "get a good grip" and use good technique which she has. If the G42 doesn't screw up in her hands, and it has not yet, it's pretty good.

She even managed to get My Px4 SC to FTF before we got her grip issue under control. So, the G42 being small and Glockish (not tolerating limp wristing) I'd suspect some folks with larger hands will have problems with thumbs riding the slide or the mag release, pinched in mag inserts and some, the smaller ones, trouble with feeding etc.

If one's hand is rather large or meaty one will have to work on dealing with small guns and if one's hands are a little smallish with less mass, finger length, palm size etc. they may likewise need to adapt to some degree. This goes with almost any handgun I'd suspect. But I doubt the Internet Wizards will take that into account. The fact that the G42's are flying off the shelves will make Glock Fan Boyz upset because they wanted a 9mm and make the Glock detractors upset because they didn't want another .380 in the market either.

I'd guess Glock will cry all the way to the bank. I didn't really want a .380 or a Glock 9 months ago but I buy what works for me and use it after careful evaluation. The G42 is a hit at my house (or will be when I get mine home) but it's not gonna be for everyone. I do not believe in the one size fits all theory.

VooDoo

heeler
February 26, 2014, 02:19 PM
What shop bodam.
I live in Houston

bodam
February 26, 2014, 02:42 PM
AGR in Cypress

Cypress n Houston Rd and 290

heeler
February 26, 2014, 03:04 PM
Thanks bodam.
Heading that way Friday afternoon.

bodam
February 26, 2014, 03:08 PM
They won't have any, but that's what they sell them for, lol.

great little shop though. check them out.

toivo
February 26, 2014, 03:25 PM
Has anybody got any comparison photos between a Glock 42 and a Ruger LCP or Kel-Tec P3AT? That's where I might start getting interested. :scrutiny:

351 WINCHESTER
February 26, 2014, 03:28 PM
They are selling because they are glock and we all know that glocks are perfect. I'm waiting to hear how many ccw end up with "glock knee" for putting the gun in their front pocket.

bodam
February 26, 2014, 03:51 PM
I'm not a Glock fanboy by any means. I actually sold both of my Glocks and went to XD.

I'm interested in one for my wife. Trying to get her into shooting more, and I was impressed with the 42. It's basically a "mini" Glock with rounded corners.

heeler
February 26, 2014, 04:02 PM
Glock knee is for fools.
Although there are no absolutes here but I have been handling firearms since the age of 9 and am currently 61 years old and have never once had a N/D or A/D.
I personally like the pistol because it is still light.
It has a 3.25 inch barrel instead of a 2.7 inch as my wonderfully reliable LCP.
It has far better sights than my LCP.
It is not a cocked and locked single action.
And like it or not Glocks have a great reputation for reliability.
I also have never even owned a Glock.

Bodam...That's okay because if that place you mentioned sells the pistol for even close to the price you mentioned I will gladly take my turn in line.

tarosean
February 26, 2014, 05:07 PM
Has anybody got any comparison photos between a Glock 42 and a Ruger LCP or Kel-Tec P3AT?

Stolen from blocks r us....

toivo
February 26, 2014, 05:36 PM
Thanks, tarosean! Bigger than I thought ...

jimbo555
February 26, 2014, 06:29 PM
The glock 42 is larger in every dimension than a kahr cm9! The kahr holds the same amount of rounds, except in 9mm.

heeler
February 26, 2014, 06:35 PM
Jimbo are you sure?
I own a PM9.

Mitlov
February 26, 2014, 06:54 PM
There are cycling of ammo issues that are at the heart of this gun.

I've been following that and those cycling issues seem to be restricted to certain specific varieties of ammunition. It's not that it fails to cycle at random; it's that certain makes and models of ammunition simply don't work with it. This is FAR better than random failures, but still, it's a good reminder to test a brand of ammo at the range before using it as carry ammo (shouldn't you always?).

Two of the videos about the cycling issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bb94UK2WiM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKsE8jKq5Ck

jimbo555
February 26, 2014, 07:04 PM
glock 42. 5.94 length, 4.13 high .94 width weight 13.76
kahr cm9 5.42 length, 4.0 high .90 width weight 14.0

heeler
February 26, 2014, 07:25 PM
Thank you Mitlov.
As usual most pistols just like cars and motorcycles have known issues in year one when the proverbial rubber meets the road.
That being said I was happier with the second video due to the fact that he used so many types of ammo.
The first video gave me a few pangs as I have an unopened case of PMC 380 that I bought for pretty cheap by todays pricing before the great storm.

Mitlov
February 26, 2014, 08:54 PM
As usual most pistols just like cars and motorcycles have known issues in year one when the proverbial rubber meets the road.
That being said I was happier with the second video due to the fact that he used so many types of ammo.

Not to mention, this isn't exactly the first subcompact that requires you to use certain varieties of ammunition. The Beretta Nano and Kimber Solo spring to mind as two other subcompacts that run great with X type of ammo but have constant feed problems with Y type of ammo.

heeler
February 26, 2014, 09:11 PM
Thank you Mitlov and jimbo.

One thing jimbob about the Kahr.
You are giving a weight without the magazine.
My PM9 with the magazine inserted empty weighs 16 ounces on two pretty reliable digital scales.
Loaded with six rounds of ammo it tips the scales at exactly 20 ounces.
As much as I love my absolute faultless (with factory 6 round magazines,forget that troublesome seven round magazine) PM9 at 20 ounces fully loaded for me at least it tips the top of my weight balance for pocket carry.

Vodoun da Vinci
February 26, 2014, 09:15 PM
The video with the G42 that does not cycle is very strange to me. It looks as if the slide is simply not moving at all...not like a round that is too low powered to effectively operate the gun and the round fires but the slide does not make it back far enough to rake another round off the top of the magazine after ejecting the spent case.

That slide does not appear to be moving at all...or is it just the way I'm seeing it? That would have to be one weak round....

VooDoo

Deaf Smith
February 26, 2014, 10:37 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7375/11966725133_883d0f583c.jpg

I'm holding out for the 42 in 9mm.

Would make a real summer carry gun to replace my J .38s and .357s.

I use sub-compact Glocks like the one pictured for winter.

Deaf

tarosean
February 26, 2014, 11:03 PM
The video with the G42 that does not cycle is very strange to me. It looks as if the slide is simply not moving at all...not like a round that is too low powered to effectively operate the gun and the round fires but the slide does not make it back far enough to rake another round off the top of the magazine after ejecting the spent case.

According to glocktalk there seems to be some RSA issues.. Not really a big surprise considering their troubles with the 9mm's a few years ago.

Also found a top view that help illustrates the size difference with the 26

heeler
February 26, 2014, 11:12 PM
Wow that 26/27 looks like a cinder block next to the 42.
This why I also laugh when I read so many pocket carry the 26/27/PX-4 etc.

WolverineFury
February 26, 2014, 11:24 PM
I would not mind having one but I simply refuse to pay more than msrp for anything.
Period.
By the way I have read the msrp of these pistols are $475.
Most are going for over $500 on GB.

Lastly I have not heard or seen any youtube test/review that says these pistols are ammo sensitive.
If there is please direct me to it.
The Truth About Guns.com

Mentions that it has problems with 2 specific brands of ammo. I also believe that "Hickok45" did a review on the gun and mentioned that it had problems with certain ammo types.

I'm guessing that there will be a "upgrade" to the recoil springs similar to the one that happened with the Gen 4 guns.

jjones45
February 27, 2014, 06:15 AM
If the 42 is selling this fast, just wait till the single stack 9 comes out next year. I guess glocks marketing team knows what they are doing after all, imagine that

Vodoun da Vinci
February 27, 2014, 07:33 AM
This why I also laugh when I read so many pocket carry the 26/27/PX-4 etc.

So, you don't think it's possible to carry a G26 or Px4 in a pocket? :what:

I'd say many may not be able to - I know for a fact that many can and do.

VooDoo

HexHead
February 27, 2014, 07:37 AM
Has anybody got any comparison photos between a Glock 42 and a Ruger LCP or Kel-Tec P3AT? That's where I might start getting interested. :scrutiny:
Here's an LCP on top of a Glock 42. I lined up the triggers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/scat999999/a3e3850d2b9b029d099bba8da4d4ce6b_zps59917c9b.jpg

HexHead
February 27, 2014, 07:38 AM
They are selling because they are glock and we all know that glocks are perfect. I'm waiting to hear how many ccw end up with "glock knee" for putting the gun in their front pocket.
I often pocket carry my 26 without issue. This shouldn't be any different in that regard.

snooperman
February 27, 2014, 07:53 AM
Go to the Glock Forum and read this-" Glock 42 seeing adoption by police even as complaints bubble up". Like I said earlier, all is not well with this new Glock. Mine has been flawless but my brother , who is a retired LEO , got a real lemon. It had a gouge in the chamber and would not shoot anything. Every case stuck in the chamber. Just because it is a "GLOCK" does not mean it is "PERFECTION" anymore. I was lucky but there are many who were not with this gun.

snooperman
February 27, 2014, 08:06 AM
That said, based on what I am seeing and reading, Glock lacks the quality control that has been their forte in the past. They are like many other companies that crank them out to a buying public that is too eager to part with their money before the product has been used and tested thoroughly before going into the marketplace.

HexHead
February 27, 2014, 08:08 AM
Just because it is a "GLOCK" does not mean it is "PERFECTION" anymore. I was lucky but there are many who were not with this gun.

Probably because they are made here instead of in Austria.

heeler
February 27, 2014, 08:25 AM
Vodoo...I think you misconstrued my post.
As I said the Glock 26/27 looks like a cinder block next to the 42.
Which is why I laugh when a lot of people say they easily pocket carry the 26/27 PX-4 etc.
They are imho way to large to even consider for pocket use.
Sure some do it but I won't.

Vodoun da Vinci
February 27, 2014, 04:10 PM
Yes, misunderstood. I offer apologies...I thought you were saying that claiming to do be able to do so (pocket carry Glock 26/27 or PX4 SC) was laughable.

My Bad.

VooDoo

Vodoun da Vinci
February 27, 2014, 04:35 PM
Doh!! It just occurred to me that I have been going about this whole Glock 42 thing the wrong way...I'm waiting and waiting for mine to show up at the LGS while they are shipping like mad and making them hard to find and running the price up for those who are desperate.

My new official line is: Folks, I have heard they are junk....feeding problems galore and who needs a smallish .380 Glock when they make 9mm's the same size? Glock must have been complete idiots to try and foist this pistol on the public.

So stop buying them please. Maybe that will free one up for delivery to Uncle VooDoo which I PROMISE I will sell at a loss just to get rid of it as soon as it gets in my hands.

:evil: :what:

Of course I'm gonna sell it to my Wife but that's neither here nor there... ;)

VooDoo

JWH321
February 27, 2014, 05:09 PM
I touched one today. It is hard to understand how small it is until you actually have it in your hand. Fortunately (for my bank account) the LGS seems to think that they will not have any available for several weeks. If there had been one in the case, I'd have been tempted. The LGS even had some .380. I think three boxes.

tarosean
February 27, 2014, 05:34 PM
My new official line is:

Beta tester is more appropriate...

Hometeached1
February 27, 2014, 07:17 PM
Doh!! It just occurred to me that I have been going about this whole Glock 42 thing the wrong way...I'm waiting and waiting for mine to show up at the LGS while they are shipping like mad and making them hard to find and running the price up for those who are desperate.

My new official line is: Folks, I have heard they are junk....feeding problems galore and who needs a smallish .380 Glock when they make 9mm's the same size? Glock must have been complete idiots to try and foist this pistol on the public.

So stop buying them please. Maybe that will free one up for delivery to Uncle VooDoo which I PROMISE I will sell at a loss just to get rid of it as soon as it gets in my hands.

:evil: :what:

Of course I'm gonna sell it to my Wife but that's neither here nor there... ;)

VooDoo

That's why all those guys on the forums are bashing them! :eek: ;)

OregonJohnny
February 27, 2014, 07:23 PM
It is hard to understand how small it is until you actually have it in your hand.

I agree. It really doesn't look very small on paper or in pictures, but in the hand, it feels great. And even if it isn't listed as thinner than my Kahr CM9 on paper, it sure feels thinner. And you can get a much higher grip on it. Plus the trigger and sights are miles ahead of my LCP.

I bought my Glock 42 about 2 weeks ago, but due to weather and time constraints, I haven't had the time or energy to get out to my state forest shooting pit (a 2-hour round trip). And all indoor ranges around here make you purchase their outrageously price-inflated "clean" ammo, or pay a fee to bring in your own - and no reloads allowed. I hope to finally make the drive out to the forest this weekend to put my first rounds through it.

If you haven't actually handled a G42, it might surprise you once you do. Yes, it's larger in every dimension than the common "pocket" .380s, but I think that's a good thing. From all reports, it's an extremely soft shooter.

I've been cycling snap caps through it and dry firing a lot in the last 2 weeks. So I'm hoping mine is loosened up a little and won't have any of the feeding and ejecting problems some others have been reporting. I might do a full review on THR after I finally shoot it. If it proves to be as reliable as my LCP has been, it will take over coat pocket duty.

jimbo555
February 27, 2014, 08:39 PM
I did handle the 42 at my lgs and it is about the same size as the pocket 9's. I'm not recoil sensitive so I can't justify it. It is the smallest glock made so I guess that's a reason.

heeler
February 27, 2014, 09:16 PM
We are having a local gun show this weekend so here's hoping one of the dealers will have one available for feel.
Still considering the lower cost Bersa Combat as a plinker.
Since I have right at 2500 rounds of .380 ACP stock piled I would like to get another .380.

gym
February 28, 2014, 12:26 PM
Do you guys think that the 42, re-ignited interest in the 380 caliber simply because Glock came out with a 380. Have many who were on the fence about the caliber decided that if Glock made it, it's going to be somehow more ok to carry. I Understand that 380's have a large following, but did this put it back on top again, and will ammo makers keep up with it and perhaps make even stronger even more efficient ammo for the little gun.
The powerball is what I had when I carried mine, and it was actually heavier than the powerball for my 9mm, "which was ridiculously light". Let's see what unfolds in coming months, when you give people this many choices they get confused, the outcome is that they usually buy more guns and ammo because they feel they need one of those.
I think the Pico, "when it finally arrives" will be a huge hit with the option of a 32 caliber barrel and lights and lasers built in the frame. That should be fun to watch.

Oceanbob
February 28, 2014, 12:53 PM
I love mine. Bought it early for $419 from RIFLEGEAR.com

I have plenty of 9s already.

It's very lightweight and easy to carry. 250 rounds of mixed ammo, 100% reliable. My daughter wants one......

Old Fuff
February 28, 2014, 01:24 PM
... and perhaps make even stronger even more efficient ammo for the little gun.

They would be limited in doing this, because most .380 pistols have straight-blowback actions, where only the weight of the slide and recoil spring tension keep the breech (more or less) closed while the bullet is going down the barrel. A pistol with a locked breech would be a different matter, but the ammunition makers would have no way to know what particular make and model they’re product was going to be used in, and expecting a buyer to know is a long stretch.

Vodoun da Vinci
February 28, 2014, 01:51 PM
Do you guys think that the 42, re-ignited interest in the 380 caliber simply because Glock came out with a 380.

No. I feel that the .380 is very, very popular and becoming more so as many people examine the possibilities of concealed carry on a daily basis. I think that amongst the "non gun board" people I know who are in my local group (who are now affiliated with similar groups around the country) .380 is the favorite amongst average/smaller shooters who do not want to become "handgun aficionados"...they just want a gun for their pocket or holster to carry for that once in a lifetime "I need a gun right now" moment.

I think Glock and others are aware of this trend and have tried to buck it with advertising and innovations in other caliber guns they have already invested in and failed to convince the buying public that nothing less than a .45 will do. I look to see more options in .380 and maybe (hopefully) .32. I don't think Glock created a trend/revival...I think they are cashing in on an ongoing need for smaller caliber carry guns and is growing and not fading. we'll see the single stack 9mm from them very soon and I think we'll see other manufacturers offer .380 options in locked breech .380 polymer pistols. Like you, Gym, I'm lusting for the Pico and will buy one where I find it.

VooDoo

JWH321
February 28, 2014, 02:03 PM
I suspect that the little 42 will find homes in a lot of purses, as did the LCPs. The newer LCPs seem to be a lot more interesting than the originals, but a lot of folks seem skittish about Ruger quality anymore. I suspect that a lot of potential LCP buyers will go home with a Glock. The Glock will no doubt be carefully watched by SIG, too. It may give the 238 a run for its money. And then there is the revised Bodyguard 380. It looks SO much better without that funny looking laser on it. It may have been a very popular alternative to the LCP. I suspect S&W is watching the 42 pretty carefully, too.

For those of us that just like little guns, the 42 sure looks like an interesting piece. I'm glad to see these guns being developed. Its gotta be good for all of us.

tarosean
February 28, 2014, 04:08 PM
Do you guys think that the 42, re-ignited interest in the 380 caliber simply because Glock came out with a 380.

You realize that the Ruger LCP has been the best selling handgun for several years.. I really don't see glock dethroning it, despite the Internet hyperbole. (Remember that online forums are just a small fraction of the real world)

JDR
March 2, 2014, 09:40 AM
That said, based on what I am seeing and reading, Glock lacks the quality control that has been their forte in the past.

My Gen4 Glock 21 begs to differ with this comment.

FWIW, my LGS had 2 of these Glock 42s Friday night, price was $450.00. Nice little piece, but I still don't like .380 caliber. They also had a NIB Gen3 Glock 27 for 29 bucks more, and IMHO that is a superior platform for a carry gun.

PabloJ
March 2, 2014, 10:12 AM
I looked at G42 and came home with second hand G29SF with spare .40S&W and long 10mm barrels. I dare to guess with "short n weak" barrel in place it's much better defensive gun then 9x17.

220slow
March 2, 2014, 11:54 AM
I bought one of the first 42's that came into our store about 6 weeks ago. I am an experienced shooter and law enforcement trainer. I had quite a few malfunctions on my first outings. I had fired probably 120 rounds of hard to find ammo. This was with various ammo. I got ahold of a Glock Rep. He advised that I try leaving the slide locked back for a while to set the recoil spring. I did this and my next outing was was perfect. The spring tensions seems to be lessened now. I find good accuracy. I must say that other people I know have not had problems with theirs.

sigma 40ve
March 2, 2014, 06:22 PM
I refuse to pay more than msrp for anything. I do plan on getting one however. Don't know if it will be with my GSSF discount coupon or not. I plan on just using it for the new division for it in GSSF for my wife. As far as small carry I will stick to one of my PF9's. And yes at 17 and counting I am a Glock fanboy.

HexHead
March 2, 2014, 06:28 PM
I refuse to pay more than msrp for anything. I do plan on getting one however. Don't know if it will be with my GSSF discount coupon or not. I plan on just using it for the new division for it in GSSF for my wife. As far as small carry I will stick to one of my PF9's. And yes at 17 and counting I am a Glock fanboy.
GSSF price is $340. Probably won't see one before May though.

If you enjoyed reading about "A lot of Glock 42's are selling" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!